Willerby Regionals report with video

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Chunks qualified at Medium for the regionals, so we decided to enter Willerby and head up to Hannah Moody's for a lesson the day before in preperation. Had a fantastic lesson, she has helped me completly change his way of going and we have managed to get him so much more up and light. It is like riding a different horse.

Drove down in the morning and had a super warm up with only a minor disagreement about travers.... Chunks would rather canter.... Went in and didnt realise you could go in the arena to trot round so didnt get a chance to give him a look round but had a super entry and halt and was all going so well, he was lovely in the hand and forwards and listening.... till we came round to C after our first Medium trot. he then caught sight of the scariest banner you have ever seen and did a very un chunky like spook, bounce reverse, tried to rear and after what felt like minutes agreed to continue!

Rest of the rest was fab apart from a few tense moments at C.

Ended up 14th but one judge had him in the top 3 even with the spook, so wasnt too disapointed, the main thing was he stayed uphill and soft and felt awesome. Annoyed he didnt have a chance to see the banner first but thats life, was so unlike him to spook so took me completly by surprise!!!

Anyway video for those that are interested...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151332985200251

Thanks for reading

:)

Louise_88

Visit site
I think I must have seen your test, cant watch the video so don't know for sure, alot of horses took a dislike to that board including mine who became extremly tense in the arena. It's such a shame for it all to be going so well and then for something so silly to scupper your chances. I think its great to be there though!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
I think I must have seen your test, cant watch the video so don't know for sure, alot of horses took a dislike to that board including mine who became extremly tense in the arena. It's such a shame for it all to be going so well and then for something so silly to scupper your chances. I think its great to be there though!

Was so unlike him, so just wasnt expecting it! Will be next time ;)