William Fox-Pitt

AmieeT

Visit site
I'm so happy he won Badminton! I will happily admit that I was part of the crowd that cheered when Andrew Nicholson hit his first pole down (not in the arena, of course!).

Fabulous ride at cross country, and a good clear round SJ

Well done William Fox-Pitt! :D

smellsofhorse

Visit site
I was happy too.
As much as Andrew Nicolson is a good rider and has very nice horses I wanted William to win!

Imagine how much his sperm will be worth now after winning badminton (Chilli Morning that is, not William FPs!)

NativePonyLover

Visit site
Whilst I am pleased for WFP - I must admit, I was hoping Andrew Nicholson would clinch this time after so many years.

Many congratulations to WFP & all connected.

skint1

Visit site
I can never choose which of the well known riders I like the best, they all work so hard and are so accomplished and brave. I felt sorry for Andrew Nicholson but equally happy for William Fox-Pitt.

oldie48

Visit site
I was very torn and felt very sorry for AN, he is IMHO the most stylish XC rider on the scene but both he and WFP are fab riders and it was great to have a british win. Having been there on Friday and Saturday I just wish the XC had been a bit more of a test, too many riders went clear within the time for it to have been a proper 4* test and frankly some of the fences were not 4* fences. No one wants to see horses and riders getting injured but at this level i do expect to see more technical difficulty than there was.

LeannePip

Visit site
I was very torn and felt very sorry for AN, he is IMHO the most stylish XC rider on the scene but both he and WFP are fab riders and it was great to have a british win. Having been there on Friday and Saturday I just wish the XC had been a bit more of a test, too many riders went clear within the time for it to have been a proper 4* test and frankly some of the fences were not 4* fences. No one wants to see horses and riders getting injured but at this level i do expect to see more technical difficulty than there was.

I think Guiseppe (Sp?) was probably asked to tone it down a bit or just feared for his job after last years course, coupled with less than ideal weather, caused a lot of casualties!

I thought it was a good course with enough technicality that sorted the pack - some experienced riders were caught out at technical fences so it wasn't that straight forward but agreed it was a bit soft compared to previous years!!

I was pleased FP got the win he is a class rider and has been for years and to be on the top of his game for so long he deserved the win after an 11year wait!

I felt hopelessly sorry for OT on arguably one of the best XC horses, who pulled out a corker of a dressage test to then know that you are on an almost hopeless show jumper must be gutting! but i thought he rode with great maturity and skill to have not had more poles down!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I thought it was a good Badminton course. There were a good smattering of refusals, falls, withdrawals, but good accurate riding got people round in the time. I thought that the top riders had their horses much fitter than last year, they looked über fit on dressage day. Yes some fences weren't four star and there were a good few less major questions than last year, but there'd have to be.. Last year was like The Hunger Games!

I'm glad WFP won, he looked classy and cool in all three phases, in a league of his own that time. I would have been happy to see AN win, it's long overdue, but I didn't think that his xc on Nereo was as perfect as WFP's or Ollie's.

We've got some work to do for the Europeans. The Germans are on form.

Last edited:

LeannePip

Visit site
I thought it was a good Badminton course. There were a good smattering of refusals, falls, withdrawals, but good accurate riding got people round in the time. I thought that the top riders had their horses much fitter than last year, they looked über fit on dressage day. Yes some fences weren't four star and there were a good few less major questions than last year, but there'd have to be.. Last year was like The Hunger Games!

I think a lot of lessons were learned after last years xc day! from riders to the course designers - last year did not make for pretty viewing! a friend and i sat in the grandstand for about 2 hours in total yesterday and nearly every horse we watched come home looked like they could have continued, only a couple seemed to be running on the red! It was lovely to watch!

Clodagh

Visit site
I think it was very dull to watch, so many on or within the time, nearly all clear. A dressage test. Roll on Burghley, and Blair should be good.

WFP is a star, and AN gave his horse a major jab in the mouth out of tyemper, shame on him. I love Chilli Morning and so good to have a Brit winning.

neddy man

Visit site
I think it was very dull to watch, so many on or within the time, nearly all clear. A dressage test. Roll on Burghley, and Blair should be good.

WFP is a star, and AN gave his horse a major jab in the mouth out of tyemper, shame on him. I love Chilli Morning and so good to have a Brit winning.
Chatsworth next weekend (yes its smaller) Bramham 12/14 june .Get yourselves out and enjoy.

Nicnac

Visit site
What? Really? Must have missed that . . . :(.

P

I missed that too? He picked the horse up after it fell to trot just before the second fence (not seen on television) and ploughed through it but didn't see a jab.

Armada and Nereo are full brothers are neither have been brilliant at show jumping due to their stride. I was so happy that WFP won and also Ingrid coming second. She is class.

SpottyTB

Visit site
I felt hopelessly sorry for OT on arguably one of the best XC horses, who pulled out a corker of a dressage test to then know that you are on an almost hopeless show jumper must be gutting! but i thought he rode with great maturity and skill to have not had more poles down!

I agree with this totally! Was really rooting for Ollie after a cracking XC round - they looked comfortable throughout! Thought he rode the SJ incredibly well considering!

Well Done WFP - Brilliantly ridden, always enjoy seeing him ride and wow what a beautiful stallion - i bet his babies (and as another poster said, his swimmers) have become even more valuable!

Mariposa

Visit site
I thought WFP rode beautifully - and I really loved Ingrid Klimke's round too, her horse jumped so well, and looked utterly stunning.

Really enjoyed watching it all (from my sofa!)

Equi

Visit site
Makes it even more special that Alice took a photo of me haha! Didn't realise it was her until we had asked her to take the photo and she obliged. Lovely lady. Well done to wfp.

Cragrat

Visit site
I found it really touching that WFP was wiping away tears after speaking to the owner. It's wonderful that it meant so much to him.

soapy

Visit site
Felt really sorry for AN. I thought he really deserved the win after completing the course so many times. And people cheered when he knocked his first pole off in SJ! Heartless, heartless people! Happy for WFP though too. Seems like a lovely humble bloke and must be nice to work with cos his grooms adore him ☺

Last edited:

LeannePip

Visit site
Felt really sorry for AN. I thought he really deserved the win after completing the course so many times. And people cheered when he knocked his first pole off in SJ! Heartless, heartless people! Happy for WFP though too. Seems like a lovely humble bloke and must be nice to work with cos his grooms adore him ☺

I thought the same thing - did anyone notice him steal the woolly hat off his grooms head when he came out of the show jumping? Seems like a really nice guy to work with/ for and a well deserved win!

be positive

Visit site
I thought the same thing - did anyone notice him steal the woolly hat off his grooms head when he came out of the show jumping? Seems like a really nice guy to work with/ for and a well deserved win!

He is a really genuine guy, I was struggling with my horse one day at a xc schooling venue, I couldn't even get on as he was pinging about tail in the air and I was alone, WFP was there schooling several horses yet he took time out to come over to see if I was ok.
Once I got on and was wandering around he checked a few times to make sure he was not going to get in my way and cause major explosions, I was making sure I kept out of his way just in case, he was an absolute gent although he did decline my offer of an extra horse to ride!!!