Wilton report

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Just got back from the Intermediate at Wilton. Went up yesterday and competed early today so not too late back for once.

Did a reasonable dressage still not really established her shoulder-in or simple changes but did a reasonable test to score 39.1. I thought that was quite a reasonable mark until I saw WFPs who followed me witha 24. something!

The SJ was up to height but generally jumped well. She jumped a nice clear I don't think she even touched a pole.

XC was a much better course that I remember seeing last year and only up and down the hill once. There were some testing combinations including the big drop down the hill to two steps up and 3 strides to a skinny. Anyway she flew round a bit green through the water and the double or trekanners otherwise super right the way round. We had 12 time penalties to finish on 51,5 and I was really chuffed to come 10th.

Quite an interesting day with a few nasty falls on course. A friends horse came down in the water and panicked quite badly cutting itself with its studs. We leant them our lorry to take it to the veterinbary hospital as they had other horses on their big lorry. We had finished but were at the event with a horse a pile of gear around where the lorry was and no lorry for a couple of hours. Luckily the horse was ok no serious damage done.

Bossanova

Visit site
well done, your horse really does sound such a star, you must be chuffed how hard she tries for you. The courses did all look improved, ground wasnt too bad was it?

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I'm really pleased with her she really does try for me. The ground was really very good seeing how dry it has been and the covering of grass was just right.

Looked out for you yesterday but didn't see you although did Grinder out on course when I was walking it. He looked green but a really nice horse.

Bossanova

Visit site
I was at the start gnawing my finger nails off!!
He'll be ace when he gets more experience- he'd never done a dressage test, sj round or xc course before his PN in april
ooo.gif

tigers_eye

Visit site
Very well done! I don't know how it measures up with the new changes but it's supposed to be one of the toughest intermediates around, a good stepping stone to advanced! Are you aiming for a CCI in the autumn?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
What a great result with the DC and getting placed. She sounds like a star.

spaniel

Visit site
Boss just to let you know....YO's second horse won on sunday! Makes up for the water cock up on saturday!!