Winch for hay net?

Expo

Visit site
I find putting up a large, soaked hay net a heavy lift. I have not actually weighed a net of 15lbs dry weight hay after it's been soaked, but it is pretty heavy!! I'm getting fed up with getting wet through to be honest. I was wondering if anyone uses any kind of winch or pulley system for helping to put up nets and if so does it work/help at all. Thanks.

Smitty

Visit site
I used to use a water butt. Once you have soaked it for the time requied, simply open the tap and the water drains away. If one haynet is still too heavy, then simply split the ration into two haynets for easier handling.

Lintel

Visit site
...I can entirely sympathise! We have a horse at the yard on soaked hay in a GIANT shires haynet filled to the max.
I'm a fairly lightweight midget and end up hanging from the rope and climbing the wall in a vague attempt to tie it up! No advice sorry only sympathy!

OLDGREYMARE

Visit site
If you can find somewhere to hang a pulley over your water tub then it works a treat to lift soaked nets. Still got to move them to hang them up for the horse but if you leave it to drain well it's not too bad.