Wind up her tail!

TicTac

Visit site
This damn wind is doing my head in. My mare was full of it this evening when I went to get her in. Bucking, rearing and generally pronking around. If there is one thing that makes her jump around it's the wind and it was so strong I feel like I've had a face lift.

I sincerely hope we are not going to be plagued by wind and rain over the coming winter as we have a good 6 months to get through before we can all start to relax a bit. Damn this global warming. Give me cold, dry and crisp anyday!
frown.gif

amandathepanda

Visit site
Me too! I hate windy weather & won't ride in it & if I can get away without leaving the house then I won't. I don't mind wet as long as the fields aren't too soggy but riding in the wind isn't my idea of fun!

Nickijem

Visit site
I really hope the wind dies down tomorrow - I am taking my horse and my friend's horse out in our new trailer for the first time. We are going over to Charnwood Forest just to hack in some different surroundings.
I shall be nervous enough without having to worry about the weather!

Daffodil

Visit site
Ah, so I'm not the only one with a loopy horse this evening.
Mine was prancing about, doing airs above the ground with an added twist/buck/half-rear and off comes a front shoe which lands at my feet.
crazy.gif
Can't get hold of my farrier so bang goes my weekend!!
frown.gif

now_loves_mares

Visit site
I didn't even turn mine out today as it was awful here at 6.30

I had a lesson arranged this evening and couldn't decide whether it was safe to tow. Called my Dad who is a mechanic and he basically said the trailer/car combo I have is very very stable so should be ok unless it was tree-felling wind.

I went, it was all fine, so called him to tell him I got home safely. I then found out that a tree came down at my Mum's house
shocked.gif

Luckily that was 2 hours away from here, but wind is seriously scary! No way would I have ridden mine outdoors today, they would both have had me off in a second
tongue.gif

(PS apologies if you all know this, but the reason horses hate wind is because they can't hear their "predators" so well, hence why they are so unsettled.)