Windgalls

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
My horse has arthritis in his fetlock which obviously makes him a little stiff. Since diagnosis, I have put him on joint supplements and he has been really well. However, over the weekend he has come up in a lump. I have been told it is a windgall and I have cold hosed the leg and put on radiol. Is there anything else i should do, and can I do anything to prevent him getting any more. Will it eventually go away.

luie123

Visit site
Oh right, I will get some! I can only help. Do you know if I can get it onlne, is it for horses or humans?!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
It is for horses but my yard owner has been known to use it on himself. You can probably get it on line or you can buy it tack shops. Make sure you get the orange bottle, as there are 2 types. The orange is for muscles and the blue one is for bones. Have never used the blue one but apparently it can burn and you have to apply it with a brush.

spaniel

Visit site
To be honest I wouldnt bother with either the hosing or the liniment. Windgalls will come up and go down all by themselves and dont usually cause any problems.

judymoon

Visit site
Windgalls are an inflamatory reaction around the joint area, normally down to reduced quality joint fluid and thus a reaction occurs and there is nothing good in the joint to fight reaction, added to that the arthritis that is caused by joint degeneration that starts with joint fluid of a poor quality. A really good idea is to get HA (hyaluronic acid) back into the joint, used to have to inject but there is an oral product in the U.K. now called Conquer, it is an HA gel and gives more ha in a serving than injecting. Does wonders for swellings/fluid build up etc in legs