Window shoppong - first riding pony

Lacuna

Visit site
Now I'm not looking seriously at the moment, not least because of lockdown.

But the mini me is very keen on ponies and has been having lessons and so.e rides on my coblet. However he is of the sort to take the Michael if you dont have a back up.to your leg and he is just not a first ridden pony.

Would any lovely HHOers out there fancy window shopping for a solid 12-13hh first ridden pony for us? At the moment it is just tin gauge what is out there and prices. Oxon or surrounding counties would be a benefit

be positive

Visit site
If you are not looking to buy now there is little point in window shopping as this type of pony is never easy to find, will usually get snapped up through word of mouth and if it does come onto the market properly it will sell quickly for a decent price, if they have quirks they will hang around but will probably not be what you want.
Prices are high at the moment and may drop once we head into winter so as your child is not yet ready I would wait and see what is about once the kids all go back to school, the winter sets in and the novelty wears off as everyone starts to get back to a normal life.

I would also suggest looking for a loan, many people do not want to sell older genuine ponies they have owned for some time, look on the PC website regularly and also the sits of your local PC's as they tend to stay within the area.

Price will depend very much on age, a young less proven pony will be anything from a few hundred pounds, a really good proven one up to £5k, then as they get into their 20's dropping again or being put on loan.

There are a few older ponies on the PC site that may suit, the majority are more serious competition ponies, there are also several wanted ads asking for the type you want so it shows there is a shortage.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
What BP said.

Apart from the fact that the market seems to be bonkers at the moment, with horses being bought sight unseen at the whiff of an advert, the kind you're after are usually word of mouth sales or loans.