Windsor show parking FULL

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Anyone know where else one can park or get to the show ground? Have got tickets but no parking for Friday booked today wouldn’t allow me to add parking but didn’t say it was because it was full. Also got Gallop through history tickets for Saturday evening (booked ages ago) and no parking. Stupidly didn’t think about parking so didn’t book at the time. Staying about 5 miles out which I did book months ago as nearest affordable accommodation. Possibly a taxi would work.

Now feeling stressed and thinking the trip I had (apparently badly) planned for my sister over from the states and I isn’t going to be enjoyable as I’d hoped. ?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Portly

Visit site
There are carparks all over windsor, its literally just outside the town, you will have a walk. As far a memory serves there is a multistorey at the end of the road near where the horseboxes go in (its a long road). I would google maps it to see. If staying 5 mins away a taxi sounds a grand plan.
*edited* I also needed parking but had tickets so added a free childs place ticket to basket went to second page and could add parking so no extra cost of tickets to me.

Northern Hare

Visit site
There was another similar post the other day ref full parking online. We went pre-Covid and it was saying online that the parking was full on the Saturday but I was there for a few days so called into the ticket office (outside the spectator entrance) and I was able to buy a parking pass for the Saturday from them.

Alternatively we've parked in Windsor before and walked which is ok, but I'd definitely say only park in Windsor Council's owned car parks as there is one car park that it's privately owned (I'll look it up but I think it's the nearest one) and we were just 5 mins over having been there all day, and paid till what we thought would allow us enough time to get back from the evening performance (so it was late at night) and we got something like a £60 fine and they were really threatening, so definitely look for alternatives.

ETA: it's the "Castle Pay & Display Car Park" that we had problems with and reading the up to date reviews online it would appear that they're still issuing plenty of fines.

Last edited:

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
There was another similar post the other day ref full parking online. We went pre-Covid and it was saying online that the parking was full on the Saturday but I was there for a few days so called into the ticket office (outside the spectator entrance) and I was able to buy a parking pass for the Saturday from them.

Alternatively we've parked in Windsor before and walked which is ok, but I'd definitely say only park in Windsor Council's owned car parks as there is one car park that it's privately owned (I'll look it up but I think it's the nearest one) and we were just 5 mins over having been there all day, and paid till what we thought would allow us enough time to get back from the evening performance (so it was late at night) and we got something like a £60 fine and they were really threatening, so definitely look for alternatives.

ETA: it's the "Castle Pay & Display Car Park" that we had problems with and reading the up to date reviews online it would appear that they're still issuing plenty of fines.

I think I saw some bad reviews about the Castle one. Thank you.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
https://rwhs.co.uk/royal-windsor-horse-show-parking/

I don’t have tickets for parking on Friday either, but the above page has a link which redirects you to show where there are other parking places so I’m hoping to get into one of those!

Thank you. Following the link to the it looks like some are closed or partially because of the horse show and the phones are down. Very helpful ??‍♀️ I had looked at car parks in Windsor as an option but the info wasn’t very clear.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
There are carparks all over windsor, its literally just outside the town, you will have a walk. As far a memory serves there is a multistorey at the end of the road near where the horseboxes go in (its a long road). I would google maps it to see. If staying 5 mins away a taxi sounds a grand plan.
*edited* I also needed parking but had tickets so added a free childs place ticket to basket went to second page and could add parking so no extra cost of tickets to me.

Thank you. It’s just not easy to work out the parking easily online or how convenient it is. Some seem to have limited hours too.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Thank you. Following the link to the it looks like some are closed or partially because of the horse show and the phones are down. Very helpful ??‍♀️ I had looked at car parks in Windsor as an option but the info wasn’t very clear.
Oh no I didn’t realise!! Now I’m panicking ?

Northern Hare

Visit site

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Do we need parking tickets if we just have tickets for Gallop Through History? I don't remember it specifying when booking - I might have just made the same mistake you have!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Do we need parking tickets if we just have tickets for Gallop Through History? I don't remember it specifying when booking - I might have just made the same mistake you have!

It doesn’t say anything about parking on the emails I’ve had that I can see. I’m now assuming parking isn’t included but if you arrive late I guess people will be leaving anyway. If you want to get in at 3pm then you may have more trouble. It’s very annoying ?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Just tried ringing and the booking number on the website is no longer in use and an automated message gives another number - why don’t they update the flippin website with the correct number?!

olop

Visit site
You could try the car parks by Eton college if there still there (used to live in Windsor many years ago!). Would probably be cheaper and the walk is shorter (just across the bridge) than from the town centre car parks.

Sealine

Visit site
You could travel by train or park at another station a bit further along the train line and just do the last bit of the journey by train.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
We decided to get a taxi in today which meant I could have some wine and Pimms without worrying about driving. I think we could have parked though as it looked like there were spaces. Whilst I was there I booked a space for tomorrow as we’re going to the evening performance.