wingalls and lameness

loopylucifer

Visit site
My horse throw quite a large windgall (tendonouis) about 10 days a go. I think she did something in field as my friend was doing her for me one eve and said she thought she seemed lame in field when trotted across but was then sound when trotted her up. It was either the nxt day or day after that i noticed this small egg sized squisie lump on outside of her RH. There didn't seem to be any heat and seem sound when ridden so just gave a her few easy days and keept legs bandaged when ridden. It did seem to go down but was always a little squigie.
Any way had vacs today and vet had look at it as seemed to have come up a bit she was little more connered than i had been
crazy.gif
and whne trotted up was mildly lame on it. now got wk off and on bute for several days and ice twice daily.
Really not happy about as was going soo well and had lots planned. Anyone had experiance of this sort of thing before?
think might start knitting now got tobe less stressful than horses!!!!!

measles

Visit site
I had one years ago with the same thing and it was just the sheath that had fluid in it with no actual tendon damage. As it's new and she's had a little lameness I would definitely have it scanned. If you have a look at my post of just now you can see the extent of our horses tendon damage and he is virtually sound..

Sorry not to be more positive but, like our old horse years ago, it's probably nothing but best to get it scanned and to know that for def. Good luck - let us know how it is.

Doublethyme

Visit site
Yep don't want to be the voice of doom, but my mare had similar symptoms, except I box rested her straight away and then had vet, but she had an enlarged constricted annular ligament and an injury to her superficial digital flexor tendon and ended up off work for a year and is now on "suck it and see" how work to see what level she can do from now on and stay sound.

I would definitely recommend a scan to see what is going on, so you know for definite, as my mare appeared much improved after her first week box rest, but actually had a serious injury.

Sorry! Hope its not the case with your horse, but would definitely get it checked out thoroughly.

alsxx

Visit site
Go for the scan, even if its just inflammation of the tendon sheath (which my mare has) they can be tricky to heal, and in our case, keeps flaring up!