Wingals help?????

seaview

Visit site
My four year old has been broken quite a while now he had a break and I then hurt my back so he went up to my instructors yard to be brought back into work.

The first time I went to see him I noticed he had swellings on each leg on the inside they are a bit higher than you average 'swollen ankle' and seem to be straight up and down.

The only thing I can think of is he got copper at home with me and the work load is considerably heavier BUT they dont go down with work, does anyone have any clue what this could be or how I could help it?

Thanks

Nat
x

Rambo

Visit site
Sound like wingals to me...not unusual, and especially so with the hard ground we've had this year.

If in doubt, get your vet to take a look though
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Yeah, my boys got windgalls. But they haven't caused any problems so far and he's had them a year now (although they sometimes go down if he's been on soft ground for a while). Saying that, I still cold hose his legs after any fast work or work on hard ground just in case! And am very over the top about putting on leg cooling gel & clay etc. after XC's! Oh and magnetic boots.....!! But then my boy also has 2 splints on his front legs as well so its those Im more worried about!