Winnings may make horsebox drivers illegal

cheeky girl

community.webshots.com
Well it wouldn't apply to me because I never win
tongue.gif
but what the blooming heck will they think of next.
They are trying to penalise us all ways. Blooming government

Tempi

Visit site
i was just about to post about this as ive just been reading it.....its totally ridiculous, so when i go out and get prize money (which im not meaning to sound big headed but Bloss is often in the top 3 overall so i do often get money) then i have to get some stupid liscence???????? what a total waste of time..................

burtie

Visit site
I agree totally with the BHS spokesman, any prize money is totally incidental to the transportation of the horse and therefore irrelevant (IMO), unless being paid to actually attend the event in the first place.

However, the bit about fuel money is very relevant and actually ralets to a few recent post on here!
shocked.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Well, having read this article, it is just 'something and nothing' from VOSA. Someone at VOSA (probably un-qualified to comment or intepret the law) has made an off the cuff remark in response to what someone has said to them. In all honesty, nothing more will come of this unless it is tested in a court of law and the judge(s) rule in favour of VOSA. The courts have more important things to worry about than this imo...

ETS: If the courts did rule that you were operating for reward by competing for prize-money, then presumably the tax man would be interested in his cut too, as you would effectively have been ruled to be operating as a business
crazy.gif

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If the courts did rule that you were operating for reward by competing for prize-money, then presumably the tax man would be interested in his cut too, as you would effectively have been ruled to be operating as a business

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine by me, if they do I'll take off all the expenses of running the horse and the lorry, I think they would find my business ran at a huge loss!!!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the courts did rule that you were operating for reward by competing for prize-money, then presumably the tax man would be interested in his cut too, as you would effectively have been ruled to be operating as a business

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine by me, if they do I'll take off all the expenses of running the horse and the lorry, I think they would find my business ran at a huge loss!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep ! Mine too
grin.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I did not know driving had anything to do with winning................

[/ QUOTE ]

And until a judge decides otherwise...it doesn't
wink.gif

Stella

Visit site
This hasn't been tested in court. Its just some rubbish thought up by an ambitious official. It could only be classed a reward in the same way as putting diesal in our own vehicle could be classed as a reward. If its your wagon, your horse (or a horse in your charge) and your prize money, no third party is buying any kind of service
mad.gif
And occasional prize money would not be considered 'earnings' by the Inland Revenue! This is like the Dept of Transport not really understanding how the passport system works! Only in horses eh?
ooo.gif

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I only read this article today, & I am shocked. There is no point in going affiliated now if they do win anything they wont be able to accept it. I just hope the fact that you can not possibly know in advance if you are going to win anything, will be enough to get this revised.