Wintec Cair Saddles - PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HAD

jm2k

Visit site
Im trying to get an idea of how many people have had problems with Wintec Cair Saddles.
Please can anyone who has had issues with the Cair saddles, please list what you have had in detail.

For example:

Cair panels 'breaking' or failing.

Cair panels making a noise.

The saddle being 'off-balance' and not in symmetry when constructed.

The saddle not 'bedding down' onto the horse

The saddle rolling side-to-side on top of the horse

The panels being too long for the horse it was bought (sold/fitted by SMS),

You name it, i want to know all problems, no matter how small or large please.

I do not want stories or feedback of anyone with good reviews (yes, i know many have no issues) as im doing a problem report collation only on the manufacturefaults or faults that arise with the saddle when used.

Thanks all in advance

jm2k

Visit site
Wintec essentially but willing to hear about Bates too as same company and Cair . Thanks

Batgirl

Visit site
Had a Bates Cair saddle - fitted by SMS.
Never fit the horse, which I siad repeatedly and had the saddler back - didn't bed down at all, never balanced front to back, was fitted to narrow and essentially damaged my horse - it took a year to correct the damage - saddler didn't want to know.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Bates GP front air bag failed in first month of use.

Dressage saddle made horse's back really sore at the end of the panel when no other saddle had. Saddle was definitely not too long and rider balanced enough to score 70% dressage.

Gullet plates stretched in use and saddle became wider.

Tree was too flat for almost every horse I tried to make it fit.

Construction was appalling - bent over nails visible on gullet change.

I would never buy another.

Last edited:

Fiona

Visit site
Had an airbag deflate in bates gp. It was easily replaced though. Also a fixing screw broke but we had spares thankfully so replaced that ourselves. .

Fiona

nicelittle

Visit site
We're very pleased with ours, comfy and fits pony well, great to change gullet if needed.
Only problem is the girth straps, they're plasticky and horrible and we'll be changing them to leather ones asap!

horsimous

Visit site
The CAIR had gone a bit flat and had been pinching the horse (I realised when I borrowed it for a short ride). It resulted in all of the back muscles of their horse going into spasm and the horse looked horrendous.

jm2k

Visit site
Why the trolling for woe is me stories? A bit more background please...
not trolling for woe lol - as it states and answers you quite clearly: its feedback on issues and problems people have had. (and hence good reviews not needed or background):
"Im trying to get an idea of how many people have had problems with Wintec Cair Saddles." and "im doing a problem report collation only on the manufacture faults or faults that arise with the saddle when used" Thanks

Last edited:

jm2k

Visit site
If airbags have failed: can you tell me the symptoms, how did you find out they had failed, how old or how long the saddle has been used, how was it rectified, and by whom.

ycbm

Visit site
If airbags have failed: can you tell me the symptoms, how did you find out they had failed, how old or how long the saddle has been used, how was it rectified, and by whom.

A front air bag failed within weeks of purchase. The saddle sat lopsided and dug into the horse at the wither half way through a hack. I sent the whole saddle back for a refund.

jm2k

Visit site
Who are you collecting this info for? I'm assuming you don't work for Wintec!
have you got problems?
more than happy to hear about any saddles with Cair but only Wintec/Bates use them dont they? so a report on cair saddles and problems (as opposed from traditional flocking or more modern latex). we also have reports from Wintec! :)

DD

Visit site
I have 2 Wintecs with Cair. Had them for several years. So far no problems with either. I really like them. :)

jm2k

Visit site
A front air bag failed within weeks of purchase. The saddle sat lopsided and dug into the horse at the wither half way through a hack. I sent the whole saddle back for a refund.

Did you get a refund or did you have to push for it? Awful it could fail so soon from new.

ycbm

Visit site
Did you get a refund or did you have to push for it? Awful it could fail so soon from new.

I quoted the sale of goods act and a refund followed shortly after. I'm retail trained and knew my rights. That's the shop's problem, not the makers. The shop has to get a refund from the maker.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I think it does matter, this info could be used for anything, and I'm no fan of Wintecs.

Completely agree. This could be a rival company trying to harm Wintec, or could be an individual after a compensation claim. I think it only fair the OP declares any interest before asking for comments.

ycbm

Visit site
There is no reason anyone would collect this information which would be in wintec's favour. I'm happy to state my factual experience of them. If the OP is attempting to support an attempt to sue, it will go nowhere, there are thousands of them in use worldwide with happy horses. No saddle can be guaranteed to fit every horse, or even the horse it was bought for if it changes shape.

Airbags do fail occasionally. I've had one fail on my WOW too.