Wintec changable gullets - have I done right?

vivhewe

Visit site
Today my saddle was slipping extremely badly - I rode and then got off to put some jumps up and then went to get back on and my saddle came over so it was on neddie sideways
frown.gif
He was very good and didn't bat an eyelid, but after tightening his girth up it made no difference and to be honest he wouldn't have been able to work properly with it that tight anyway
frown.gif

I put another numnah underneath and it made no difference either, so I have got a narrower gullet. With the red gullet it was rolling about so I have got a blue one. Do I need a narrower gullet or is it something else that need sorted?
crazy.gif

Thanks, viv x

sassyequine

Visit site
Have you been using the Proper measuring device?If so then that should help you work out which width you need. If not then it would be a good idea to buy one, they are only about £15 and will save a sore back. You may well find it is not the width fitting but the stuffing and fit in other areas of the saddle. If you cant sort it out once you have measured properly, I would get the fit checked by a saddler. So many bad backs are caused by us trying to fix it ourselves at home!
good luck
wink.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
Thankies! I don't have the gullet gauge (sp?) but he's lost weight a bit recently (instead of being round he has a bit of wither now
tongue.gif
) and it was only a few weeks ago that my saddler was here and made sure it fit, but it is since then he's lost condition which is why I thought of the narrower gullet as the saddle still fits him the same everywhere else.

Will deffo get a gauge though as I agree totally with us causing the bad backs lol!
smile.gif

viv x