wintec flair. your thought?

ThePony

Visit site
Wintec uses cair, which is a different system to flair. I wouldn't use cair, I would consider flair (because it is air in a thicker type of rubber bag with cushioning built in) at the front of a saddle - with the rest being wool flocking.

Cair is basically a bag of air in the saddle panels - think foil helium baloons, used instead of wool flocking or latex panels. They can be rather hard and unforgiving on the horses back - some are ok with this, others let you know they don't like it, both can develop issues as a result of it. Because it is just a bag of air it moves, and doesn't offer a supportive base to the tree and your weight on the horses back. The cair can also fail and go very hard.

I'm not convinced you can beat a well flocked saddle using pure new wool - the problem comes in that not all saddlers are particularly good at flocking!!

xxMozlarxx

Visit site
The only good thing about the Wintec GP is that you can adjust the gullet. Mine is hard and makes me feel like I'm perched, the only reason I keep it is as a temporary measure with new horses, it's better than nothing.

galaxy

Visit site
No, would go for standard flock and all the good saddlers in our area say that too. The CAIR panels do not last forever and you'll have to replace it with flock anyway eventually.

galaxy

Visit site
Ive been told its flair?

wintecs do not come with Flair (which are adjustable air bags, unlike Cair). Unless the previous owners forked out a fair bit of money to have them put in, which I don't see why anyone would do on a Wintec personally.

Beausmate

Visit site
Both my Bates' and my Wintec's Cair airbags went flat. I had the Bates' ones replaced at a cost of around £150, but I have a nasty feeling they're going flat again :(

My saddler said they are now only guaranteed for five years, don't think it was that long ago I had them replaced, can't find the sodding receipt though!!

Brambridge04

Visit site
Seller got it wrong.... it was cair, and was replaced with flock, and for some reason, it was assumed it would now be called flair!?