Wintec Gullet's

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Tried my new dressage saddle on May with a medium wide gullet, but I think it seems a bit tight over the shoulders, do I go for a wider gullet - or will that make it sit too low at the front? Any help appreciated!

benrolo

Visit site
If you bought it from a shop they may have a gullet gauge which would help, my local tack shop has one and I borrowed it to check which size I needed. Even if you didn't buy it from a shop a local stockist might still lend you the measure, as they stand to get a gullet sale.

fizz-tally

Visit site
wintecs are not the same as normal gullets,jay is a med in a normal saddle but a wide in a wintec
grin.gif

sunny123

Visit site
I just fit them by taking out the gullet and putting it over the area where it would sit if the saddle was on. It should fit exactly over there with no gaps. This is how my saddle fitter taught me. I dont know if have explained very well.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Hmmm when I measured my mare with a gullet gauge she came up as a Med-Wide, but the saddle fits best with a Medium gullet fitted in it.
confused.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm when I measured my mare with a gullet gauge she came up as a Med-Wide, but the saddle fits best with a Medium gullet fitted in it.
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I left the medium wide in, will have another good look tonight, instructor is going to let me know what she thinks too - before I rush out and buy yet another gullet!

Thanks