Winter boots

truffles

Visit site
I was just wondering what you lot all have for the winter boot-wise.
I have the Tyne Riding wellie for yard work etc... And then have a pair of Ariats which have holes in them and chaps.
I have got my eye on the Mountain Rider II and the Extreamer leggings, but I guess you can't really do shows or hunter trials in them?
Mum is very reluctant to buy me new boots, even though my feet will fall off if I continue to wear the ariats, so I can't spend too much!
Is it worth going for a long leather boot that you can hunt/show/hunter trial in, or shall I stick to the ariats and just look after them better?

Any ideas much appreciated.
smile.gif
Thanks

teapot

Visit site
IMHO - the more expensive ariats are worth the extra jump in cost!

And if you look after them ie: a proper coat of the ariat polish on them when you first get them - they will last.

One of my pet hates is of people who don't look after leather boots properly

MagicMelon

Visit site
I adore my Ariat boots and gaiters. They're not that warm though, I just wear thick socks underneath! For warm, ultra cosy boots for home / lesson use I wear Cavalry ones which are sort of like the Woof ones. But they are SO cosy.

truffles

Visit site
thanks both of you - I have learnt my lesson the hard way, as it looks like, due to my lack of pursuasion skills, I will have holey booties till christmas.
frown.gif