Winter Championships/Area Festival Finals report - Hartpury

star

Visit site
Just coming back down to earth after the most amazing time at the Winter Champs with my awesome little horse. He really is such a cracker. The full report is in the blog entry below but in summary he tried his little heart out for me and performed three tests to the utmost best of his ability which considering the massive atmosphere in the indoor arena for the Prelim Championships and the distractions in the outdoor for the Area Festival Championships was just amazing. To do three tests and not make a single blip just shows what a superstar he is. He didn't come anywhere in the Prelim Nationals, but not by far. He was only 1% behind 8th place and probably suffered slightly from following the most stunning horse who won the class easily but he tried so hard. I sobbed all over him afterwards - we have come on quite a journey to get to this stage and to then feel that he performed his very best was just fabulous.

Then he did the Novice Area Festival Finals and came 5th in the first round, just half a mark off 3rd place before performing another foot perfect test in the final round to finish 13th overall. To think he's 13th best at that level in the country is quite something. He also won an award for being best senior horse in the class which is weird as I forget he's now 15 and counts as a Veteran! He has far exceeded my expectations for him and I am over the moon. I really couldn't be prouder of him right now. So proud I just want the world to know how wonderful he is. Such a genuine little horse. He really had every right to tell me to sod off when I got on him for the 4th time in one day and expected him to do yet more dressage but he knuckled down and did it all over again.

Screenshot_2014-04-13-19-29-03-1.png

Screenshot_2014-04-13-19-33-39-1.png

20140412_154412.jpg

http://competitiondiary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/british-dressage-winter-championships.html

kildalton

Visit site
Just coming back down to earth after the most amazing time at the Winter Champs with my awesome little horse. He really is such a cracker. The full report is in the blog entry below but in summary he tried his little heart out for me and performed three tests to the utmost best of his ability which considering the massive atmosphere in the indoor arena for the Prelim Championships and the distractions in the outdoor for the Area Festival Championships was just amazing. To do three tests and not make a single blip just shows what a superstar he is. He didn't come anywhere in the Prelim Nationals, but not by far. He was only 1% behind 8th place and probably suffered slightly from following the most stunning horse who won the class easily but he tried so hard. I sobbed all over him afterwards - we have come on quite a journey to get to this stage and to then feel that he performed his very best was just fabulous.

Then he did the Novice Area Festival Finals and came 5th in the first round, just half a mark off 3rd place before performing another foot perfect test in the final round to finish 13th overall. To think he's 13th best at that level in the country is quite something. He also won an award for being best senior horse in the class which is weird as I forget he's now 15 and counts as a Veteran! He has far exceeded my expectations for him and I am over the moon. I really couldn't be prouder of him right now. So proud I just want the world to know how wonderful he is. Such a genuine little horse. He really had every right to tell me to sod off when I got on him for the 4th time in one day and expected him to do yet more dressage but he knuckled down and did it all over again.

Screenshot_2014-04-13-19-29-03-1.png

Screenshot_2014-04-13-19-33-39-1.png

20140412_154412.jpg

http://competitiondiary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/british-dressage-winter-championships.html

Is Sara Jane your trainer ? Shes fab. Very well done xx

monte1

Visit site
yep she is. She's made such a difference to us.

Well done you :)
Sara-Jane is awesome isn't she, didnt realise she was your trainer. she is a friend of ours and I have been lucky enough to have had a couple of lessons from her over the last year or so, she is inspirational has helped us so much and always helps to improve things even for a numpty rider like me with my "not built for dressage" horse !!
she also won her section at the champs which is just brilliant and so well deserved!

almostthere

Visit site
Brilliant report as always. Always have a soft spot for the horses that have been turned around and considering you described him as a "banana" when you got him, the journey you have both travelled has been amazing but is a testament to your hard work and his willingness to work for you. Lovely :)

j1ffy

Visit site
I love (and am somewhat in awe of) how you two do so brilliantly at everything you turn your hand and hoof to! The pics are fab and well done on some very solid results.

star

Visit site
Well done you :)
Sara-Jane is awesome isn't she, didnt realise she was your trainer. she is a friend of ours and I have been lucky enough to have had a couple of lessons from her over the last year or so, she is inspirational has helped us so much and always helps to improve things even for a numpty rider like me with my "not built for dressage" horse !!
she also won her section at the champs which is just brilliant and so well deserved!

She's lovely. She took loads of photos of us and helped us warm up for all 3 classes. Her Novice Open Freestyle test is on her Facebook page and well worth watching - it'll give you goose bumps.

star

Visit site
Brilliant report as always. Always have a soft spot for the horses that have been turned around and considering you described him as a "banana" when you got him, the journey you have both travelled has been amazing but is a testament to your hard work and his willingness to work for you. Lovely :)

Found some photos of him when I first got him last night. It wasnt pretty! Took me 3months to get him to work in an outline and he got 5s for his centre lines as he crabbed down them. Have worked so hard and it's fab for it to pay off!

star

Visit site
I love (and am somewhat in awe of) how you two do so brilliantly at everything you turn your hand and hoof to! The pics are fab and well done on some very solid results.

he is one of those once in a lifetime horses. Multi talented and honest and genuine with it.

monte1

Visit site
She's lovely. She took loads of photos of us and helped us warm up for all 3 classes. Her Novice Open Freestyle test is on her Facebook page and well worth watching - it'll give you goose bumps.

thanks Star, yes just watched it.. brilliant bit of riding :)))