Winter Despair!!!

Baileysno1

Visit site
I've had enough of winter already! The routine is grinding me down and its now becomming apparent that I'll have to somehow fit a trip down to the yard midday to bring Ryu in as one of us is going to end up seriously injured at this rate. I start work between 7.30 and 8am then leave at 4-4.30. I'm at the yard for 5.45am and muck out and turn out weather permitting, I also do another girls pony so turn him out if they're out of do him a net and water if they're in, in return shes supposed to bring Ryu in Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday before it gets dark. Unfortunately ths is not
happening and last night I had to wrestle with my distressed horse who ended up bolting back to the yard and hurting my fingers. Theres obiously not allot of grass left although I do like my horse out but half a day is more than enough, if they're out for 7am by lunch they're bored and hungry and by the time I get down they're frantic and dangerous. So I have decided I simply can't rely on anyone else and will speak to my boss about nipping out a lunch. This means my long suffering OH will have to stay at work longer (we travel together and work at same site) and I'll have to find the money to pay for the fuel for a 3rd trip to the yard a day. I feel like telling this girl to stuff it with her pony I do him 7 days a week and all I asked was she pops mine back in his stable or at least let me know if she can't. Sorry to be all doom and gloom I really could scream at the moment theres simply not enough hours in the day sob ,sob thank god its Friday!!!!!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
OMG I would be furious. Send her a bill for all the services!

Can no-one else bring him in for you? perhaps YO etc?
Don't do this girl any more favours, she might then realise the error of her ways and decide to do her share.

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
dont do any favours, look after number 1!!

I do favours for a couple of people at our yard but this is because they always help me out and are reliable if I need assistance with my herd.

Other than that I dont do favours as all the others are too scared to handle my two boys!!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I would also be soo annoyed like you! is there any chance that you could ask your YO to bring him in or a friend! I know how you feel i only feel at ease when I know i have done my horse! sad i know but i like to know that he is ok! I dont have this prob tho as there is v limited turnout a little tiny paddock for 2 horses at the mo untill the winter turnout is sorted and this will be limited for a hr twice a week!

_OC_

Visit site
Just worry about your own,I guess very lucky as my friend and I have a real good system and she brings in for me on my working days and I turn out some mornings so works vey well indeed.....as Dogbetty 141 said is there no one else you can ask for help...and I do agree always feel happier doing my own boy....but, I guess we all need alittle help from time to time....hope this sort's it's self out!

Taboo1968

Visit site
I would not do anymore for her and if she asks why just politely explain that the agreement is not working and your horse has not been brought in before dark, resulting in some rather scary moments, and as you have to now come up at lunch time as well, you simply do not have the time to deal with someone elses horse!
Good luck, winter is always a long drag, but the good thing is, we can all look forward to the summer!

Baileysno1

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, there is another girl who works nights I may offer to turn hers out in return for popping Ryu in when she gets down in the afternoon, I think she turns hers out when she finishes her shift then comes back mid afternnoon, if I turned hers out she could go straight home to bed irresistable me thinks - well anythings worth a try although it does rely on her feeling comfortale bringing my beast in, but at that time he should be fine. This will also create the perfect excuse for me not to do the 'other girls' pony as I'd have to get up at some stupid time to turn 4 horses out (night shift girl has 2) I hate asking others but everyone always asks me because they know I can't say no!

the watcher

Visit site
I totally sympathise because I am in the same boat with one of my three, who is just mad to handle if she has been left out too long, or worse if the others are put away at the yard before I get there and just my three are left out..I am convinced she is going to seriously injure me soon. I am also looking at having to go three times just to put them away at lunchtime (got there at 2 pm yesterday, everything else was in..she nearly trampled me to get in)
frown.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
You're doing the right thing by making other arrangements. The girl who should be bringing your horses in 3 days a week is taking the P, speak to her tellingn her things aren't working out & fix up another arrangement with the other person. The girl that isn't keeping her side of the bargain will be the loser & after what has happened to you it is unlikely she'll find anyone else to sort her horses. Look after yourself a bit more & don't be put on!!
smile.gif

Baileysno1

Visit site
Yes Ryu is the same hes out with 8 others (eek). Although the degree at which he gets wound up all depends on who is left out with him ironically if 'girl' leaves her pony out he is far far worse as pony gallops around while I'm putting his headcollar on and swings around when I'm bringing in on Tuesday night I suicidally decided to bring them both in together this resulted in them both knocking me over and galloping back to the yard- nightmare. If pony is already in so long as hes not on his own (hasn't happened yet) hes considerbly calmer. The pony has no routine and is looked after by half the yard 'girl' had baby in summer and has since left him to all of us.

But the fact is if I'm injured and unable to work I will not earn money so will not be able to afford my horse so the situation has to change. GRRRRRRR! God I wish I could be like this in real life and just be a bit tougher!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Pony girl is taking the pee. You don't need an excuse, you already have one i.e. she hasn't stuck to her side of the arrangement. Hopefully Night Shift girl will appreciate your offer (I know I would - I work nights too).

You definately need to learn to say No!!! or at least learn to says Yes followed by an if you can do xyz?

Hornby

Visit site
Gosh, I was feeling sorry for myself this morning and mine are at home....hope you get it sorted soon, good luck.

Baileysno1

Visit site
Well I'm glad I had my little vent, will try and resolve something this weekend without too much confrontation and upset. Its amazing that when you write something down how things seem more in perspective. Ryu is in today munching hay because its raining again so at least I won't have to dice with death tonight!!

pottamus

Visit site
God I was grumbling to myself this morning because I am sick of being forever dirty and wading through a damp field struggling with tack...my boy is at home! I would hate to be in your situation because my boy would be uncontrollable if left out with no food.
Is there no way they could have some hay in the field, because that would at least keep them occupied for a bit longer and fill their bellies so they are not so desparate to come in?

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ryu is in today munching hay because its raining again so at least I won't have to dice with death tonight!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have taken to leaving mine in on wet days too! Sooo much safer than being dragged around by a half ton kite in the evenings on wet slidey mud
smile.gif

evsj

Visit site
Have been where you are too.....it is so stressful having to rely on unreliables to help in the winter when we HAVE to work! Find someone else to help you - ask around you never know who might want to do a reciprical arrangemet but is too scared to ask! but don't put yourself out for this girl anymore.