Winter Gloves recommendation - general yard work

dollymix

Visit site
As above, please - your best recommendations for winter yard gloves?

MUST be waterproof but ideally not so bulky that I have to keep taking them off to do things!

I suffer with Raynauds so do all I can to keep my hands warm, including wearing wrist warmers - but now need some decent yard gloves too

Wheels

Visit site
I use sealskinz all seasons, they are waterproof and not too bulky although have to take them off for very fiddly things but can wear them for most yard duties.

They are the only ones I've found to be properly waterproof

pixie

Visit site
I really like the sealskinz shooting gloves. You can fold back the thumb and index finger flaps, which makes it easier to do fiddly things like rugs and headcollars. This does however mean that they are not entirely waterproof and you need to be careful not to put your fingers in too far when pulling ice out of water troughs! :D

dollymix

Visit site
I should add, I got them more for winter photography to start with, but they are now my general yard gloves and get used every day.

Excellent - I do some photography for a pro too and it would be great to get some for this too as currently I rely only on wrist warmers and can't use gloves! I'll look them up!

tda

Visit site
Definitely sealskinz, you can often pick them up cheap on line, I got some in a sale from go outdoors marketed as cycle gloves, they were pale blue (not for long) but very cheap

Micky

Visit site
Silk or cotton gloves underneath a pair of ski gloves does the trick for me, suffer from extremely cold hands to the point of numbness, and boy do they hurt..or a pair of farmers work gloves that’s are lined, bulky but do the trick again! But with the liners..