Winter Regional qualification - done. BD report plus pics

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Well Chunks had one last outing to get his last 2 points for the winters at Medium, he has only been out twice as been busy with Fitz. Took him to Vale View, and the weather didnt look good on the way down, but by the time we got there it was lovely and sunny, if still a bit windy.

Warmed up ok, bit quiet to begin with, but used the half steps to get him up and sharp, went in thinking we were doing Med 61 only to get buzzed as we turned left, and told it was actually med 69 first. Surely it makes more sense to have them in order? :rolleyes: So no idea where I was going as hadnt looked at that test first, but we managed to wing it round thanks to FERDI's quick and efficent calling :cool: First walk piri came as a bit of a shock!

Thought we would be arounf 62/63 as wasnt very forwards as was a bit flustered! Ending up on 63.6 and 1st :)

Second test was much better organised and flowing, and he won it on 65.5 :)

So all qualified and can now rest and train until after christmas.

Some pics...

399340_10151335518914808_1107021747_n.jpg

534621_10152266693430251_621604449_n.jpg

600175_10152266693620251_2144997118_n.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Worried1

Visit site
Very Well done! Agree weird to do tests out of synch!

Frustratingly Blitz needs 1point and Arthur 4, don't reckon we will nail it! Last ditch attempt at OEC Friday

Fletch

Visit site
It was lovely to meet you yesterday and especially to get to say hello to the gorgeous Chunks. He is such a lovely horse I could quite easily steal him :D

Well done on winning the second test too, but agree, it did seem odd to do the qualifier first :confused:. You didn’t look at all flustered when suddenly you had to ride a different test as you ride him so beautifully it all seemed to flow.

Have fun consolidating all the training over winter but even now you certainly outshine the competition. A joy to watch.

BYR

Visit site
**waves** I was writing for your tests, lovely horse and very nice lateral work!

Such a shame you started the wrong test, I thought it was odd to do them that way around as well!

Well done on completing your qualification we did yesterday too :D

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Thank you everyone....the wrong test thing was my fault :rolleyes: I collected times and told MH it was M61 first. I think I would have been shot if she'd not qualified....

Oh, and just to make up for it I took the worst photos EVER! :eek: :D

Nice to meet you Fletch - Chunks is wicked, he'll be pleased to have a fan club!

BYR - thank you - that's really kind! He is getting there.....just needs to develop his uphill balance more.

:)