Winter Riding Boots

GinaGem

Visit site
Hi ya,

Can anyone recommend any good winter riding boots and how much they cost?

I went out yesterday with my long leather boots on with thick socks and i couldn't feel my toes by the end of it!! I don't want to suffer another winter with painful feet!! They are the only riding boots i have. I have seen some thermal control boots but i can't remember the make. I don't mind long or short ones.

Also can anyone recommend warm gloves? I have wooly ones and standard riding gloves which are both useless in the winter!

Thanks
Gina

SSM

Visit site
Mountain Horse Rimfrost boots - fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Gloves I wear about 3 pairs of thinnish ones, layers keep the cold out

pottamus

Visit site
Mountain Horse...any of the range are excellant! They are also more reasonably priced than other leather ones. I would not go for any rubber ones though as these are very cold on the feet...learn't the hard way!
I have had my MH Rider boots for 1 year now and wear one thin pair of socks in them...even in the winter.
Gloves...I wear thermal ones that walkers use for general chores and MH ones for riding in. I don't get the cold hands thing when riding because we are always pretty active and trotting most of the time.

johnsongreyhorse

Visit site
I recommend Equitector's kept my normally cold feet toasty
smile.gif

GinaGem

Visit site
Thanks that's great. Are the MH rimfrost long or short - if they are long do they cater for skinny legs? Might see if my local tack shop has some i can try on

Pasha

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks that's great. Are the MH rimfrost long or short - if they are long do they cater for skinny legs? Might see if my local tack shop has some i can try on

[/ QUOTE ]

I ahve the long ones

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
I am thinking about the Muckboot (riding version) so I don't have to hop around changing from riding boots into wellies. The lady at my tack shop said one of the saturday girls had some and loves them, that s why they have them in. Anyone else tried them?

luie123

Visit site
I just looked at the muck boots, they look good. I want something i can walk in wet fiends in and ride in so they look good. I'd be interested to know how well they wear, also did you see how chunky the are, compated to normal wellies?

I looked on there website but could only see US stockists, anyone no of muck boots stockists surrey/berkshire??

Patricksmum

Visit site
We have the riding muck boot (Tyne) on our website - www.dragonflysaddlery.co.uk.
Use them myself - fantastic, warm, comfy, easy to get on & off.
Rimfrosts no good for skinny legs.
warm gloves - SSG with thinsulate - also excellent for warmth
Hope this helps.
We are in Sussex if you want a trip out or sell online