Winter riding coats...

_jetset_

Visit site
With this weather I feel as though winter is already here!

My Joules coat from last winter has definitely had its day and leaks when it rains, has a broken zip and the hood has disappeared!

So, I am looking for a really good winter coat for mucking out, riding and general yard wear. Does anyone know of any that have hoods, are lovely and warm and waterproof?

Pictures would also be good if you have any, LOL!

Thanks,

Rebecca

vic07

Visit site
musto - i have 2 and love them both. My mum has 3 and loves them all. They have lots of different styles so i'm sure they will have something that will suit your needs.

I got one of mine 50% off at Blenheim!

teapot

Visit site
either the Musto combination jacket or the Musto polartec snug!

Combination is mud proof, horse proof, waterproof, wind proof etc

both worth their weight and cost in gold
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Echo that, Mustos are lovely! I'd like to have the Mountain Horse one (posh-looking shaped one, can't remember the name, Grace maybe?) I think it looks good... and expensive! I have a Dublin Empress, it lasted a year and still doesn't get me wet, but isn't waterproof any more (it soaks it all up instead and keeps me dry but weighed down!). I have a Horsware Corrib for non-horsey wear, it's really snug!

jacks_mum

Visit site
i've had my Musto for years. Its not waterproof anymore it a bit like RachelB's coat now but definitley worth the money. Other than that I have a very thick hippy woollen jacket with a fleece lining and a hood that I love on cold dry days.

Parkranger

Visit site
I brought a horseware Rambo jacket for £15 in a saddlery sale! It's not thick but I canlayer jumpers under it for the winter and it's cool enough to wear now......what a bargain!

I think the mountain rider one is on Robinsons website x

RachelB

Visit site
Oh no don't tempt me too! Have just looked on the UK Mountain Horse website and the Grace isn't on there any more as far as I can tell... I've always thought they looked really nice and now I want one too! Only ting is I've just spent £235 on my horse this week! eek!