Winter rugs - any good bargains out there????

Dovorian

Visit site
Painfully, not a single rug in our possession fits my new horse!!!! I can already feel my credit card creaking but thought that I'd have a go at bargain hunting on the net, any suggestions please?
Thanks

tigers_eye

Visit site
Coupl eof places advertising in Chiltern Rider at the moment with very discounted rugs, depends where you are in the SE if they are relevant. Think one is (helpfully) called The Tack Shop, (Hillingdon), and one I've been to that has discount Shires rugs is Pednor Rugs (Chesham). The latter has a website I think.

Nic

Visit site
I got 2 bargains from equestrian clearence & they arrived 2 days later
grin.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Cannot reccomend equestrian clearance warehouse enough. I got a new wardrobe for my old boy and a new wardrobe for my new boy for cheap prices. They are brill with delivery too.

Got a lw to for £35. A hw to for £35. There are loads more bargains on there too, look in the clearance section.

You cant be too picky on colours though, i thought whats it matter it usually ends up a nice shade of brown anyway!!

Dovorian

Visit site
Very casually noted, my last 2 boys wore 7ft and 7'3" rugs, both had huge fronts so the 'new boy', although 16.2, is a TB and it seems a massive waste of effort and money to try to get anything altered. Funny really, I had huge probs getting rugs which fitted the others well because of their size and ended up paying for more expensive rugs like Rambo! This chap needs 6'3" or 6'6" depending on cut as he has a good depth of girth, so still not totally easy!!

horsegirl

Visit site
Yes I got a lovely Weatherbeeta 300 combo (in fab purple) for £45 and a lightweight T/O (also in purple) for £19.99 both from Hertfordhorsebits.co.uk

I just need a nice purple fleece (6ft if anyone knows of any) to replace his black one.

SSM

Visit site
Ebay!! Have bought Rhinegold stable rugs off there and they are fine for the stable!

Also got a very nice fleece when I subscribed to H&H at Burghley!

Stasha22

Visit site
Totally agree with you. For example, there was a 6'3 medium weight Rhino turnout rug (second hand, with a patch) that sold for £71 last week! You can get them brand new for £80! Madness!

JAK

Visit site
Have never bought a rug off the net but generally I have found some excellent bargains by:

1. Buying secondhand, e.g. found a Rambo h/w turnout for GRO, in virtually 'as new' condition for a 100 quid! (New, about £170!)

2. Have bought several of 'last year's' ranges, where they have changed colours etc., at quite a bit off usually!

3. Got a good bargain for LBO when I bought him a Rambo Duo for £150, instead of the £200 it would have been, simply because it had been used as the 'display model'! (Have already put my name down for the Amigo t/o she currently has on display! LOL)

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Hi, have you looked at the weatherbeeta Saxon rugs? they're quite cheap and seem to work at keeping everything dry! My Yo uses them on the show ponies who live out 24/7, and I've not yet seen a Saxon leak. They do stable rugs as well. I think robinsons have them in stock as do derby house.

Sal_E

Visit site
Catherine, I've got 12 2nd hand rugs currently for sale - soon to go in the Adtrader! One is 5'9, the rest are 6'0 - 6'6. Let me know if you want me to email you the list...