Wisbech Peeps

fizzer

Visit site
Hi me again, after looking at many properties friends have found a lovely house near Walsoken.

Can anyone tell us what the hacking out is like, initially their thoughts were there was not much but I said I would ask on here. Thanks

fools_ gold

Visit site
I live in Walsoken, although I've had two lame horses since I moved here I think the hacking is pretty good, although very dependant on which side of the A47 you live on. Do you know exactly where the place is?

fizzer

Visit site
Hi thankyou for your reply, house is on the wheatley bank I think. The fields back onto the A47.

If the riding is not good there they will look elsewhere, perhaps the other side of A47.

fools_ gold

Visit site
Ah yeh just looked on the map, that's on the other side of the A47 to me. I don't know the area that well, so wouldn't want to put them off. But from what I know it's sort of sandwiched between the A47 and Lynn Rd, neither of which I would like to cross on a horse- although I'm sure people do. I don't think you'll get much good hacking in that spot. On the other side of the A47 (Biggs Rd type area) there are miles of quiet lanes and I've seen quite a few promising tracks. Although like I say I've only ridden a handful of times since I moved here, due to lame ponies :(
I actually think there might be a house for sale on broadend rd, it has a couple of stables, but only about an acre of land I think.

fizzer

Visit site
Thankyou, friends love the house but hacking looks pretty dire there, shame but they will continue their search, they have just been over again and they seem to be surrounded by busy roads.

You have been really helpful. Thanks again