Wish all days could be like this...

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I woke to wet ground as rain stopped at 7 this morning - autumn mist rolled down the hills and I went to yard thinking mare would be too wet to ride early on...but somehow the mud and wet were not on saddle or girth areas so a quick tidy up and a friend and I went to ride out. Oh my goodness what a lovely hack - we met only one dog walker - two riders in the distance. The air was so still we could hear tractors miles away - the sun became strong and it was really warm (midges were out but in localised pockets) - the ponies were chilled and enjoyed themselves. We saw hundreds of geese - the swans on the dam - squirrels - the leaves were crunchy not slippy in the woods and when we were on the road section we only encountered a car and caravan ( and missed the oil tanker and arctic lorry which my mare hates). It was just blissful - the perfect autumn riding day. I suppose it would be too much to ask that the weekend be similar but I hope everyone gets some lovely weather to ride in this weekend.