Wish the little fella luck today plz.

Fools Motto

Visit site
Poor wee man, (our last foal) only 4 days old and he will have to have a 'little' op? His offside lower eyelid turns in, causing his eye to be quite poorly. Hoping the vet will be able to rectify the situation today at home? (but not sure if he will have to go in?) I'm sure, although very delicate, it can be done quite quickly? And hoping mare won't get too stressed either - sedate her too?

Anyone experienced this before?

Fools Motto

Visit site
All done, and hoping for no further problems. He was very brave, mother was stupid!! It was done so quickly and seemingly easily - I was very impressed. Very good vet. :D

Truly

www.shannonleighstables.com
One of my foals had entropia (he is 21yo now)
Just wanted to warn people that are having this done at home.....make sure the mare is properly sedated first and then foal moved out of reach before being heavily sedated.
My mare (who was always happy to have people handle her foals) went nuts because she thought her foal had suddenly died because he wasn't moving...and nearly stood on her foals legs where he was sprawled out in the middle of their stable....my vet and I were frantically trying to keep her from standing on him and trying to sedate her at the same time as she was going nuts...we managed to get her out the stable and into the next one.....It could have ended up a tragedy but luckily just a lesson learned xx