Witch Pony Update - Grown up Showing!

LiffWee93

Visit site
Little update of late!
been smashing out the lessons - broke out the double bridle at the beginning of the month to get some advice from my instructor for prep for competing at the new forest show - well, its been the making of lola! she is wonderfully responsive to ride in it and soo much softer, not perfect and we WILL be getting back to the snaffle, but its really helped us step up the game with the technicality of the work we are asking for! collection is becoming much better, all the lateral work is coming on and we are now back to gymnastic work to build on suppleness and strength, as she knows everything we need to go out at ele by the back of her hand, we just need it all to become much more fluent and easy for us :) very positive!
13680952_10157150889295066_8914853422053823771_n.jpg

we have had lots of fun hacking about and playing in the local river in the heat, which has boosted lolas confidence in water! we can now trot and canter through the shallower bits :)
13615258_10157134639885066_1012803095486496331_n.jpg

no competitions this month except out annual showing outing at the new forest show!
Couldn't be prouder of witch pony <3
3rd ever county show, 2nd ever open class full of previous winners, hoys, olympia and rihs competitors...and she pulled up her big girl pants and got on with it :)

Left early and got there for 10.30 with no issues with traffic at all, left her on the box while we went and watched a few bits and had a wander.
Got back to the box, got her out and groomed her and left her with her net, while we had lunch :) she stood like a dream and other than trying to eat our lunch as well, she was quiet as anything :)
She was so chill I didn't feel the need to hack her about the box Park prior to needing to warm up - which is a first!
Warmed up in an open space and only had a little wobble when a big Welsh came steaming round the corner in a cart - but she used the energy well and I was able to pop her in front of me well!
Toddled down to the collecting ring for the 10 minute call, did a few transitions, a quick tidy up and we were in!
She was rather spooky about the public fence in the walk, so I popped her shoulder fore to keep her from falling in and gawping, trot was no issue, really settled if a little lack lustre initially!
Sweet into canter and stayed lovely and rideable - so soft and waiting for the first time ever in a show ring!
Chance rein, fab extension and sweet into canter on her worse rein - a Tad onward bound and needed a few half halts to sit her back again :)
Initially pulled in third!!! :eek:
Really sweet in the individual show, she got really fired up for the extension across the diagonal and the gallop! Was great fun :)
Back to the lineup and super groom Becky Milward (with basket in hand Sue Milward!) came to aid to prep her for the confirmation - I could barely keep in step with her she was trotting out so much!
Back to the lineup and she stood like a saint for results - ended up fourth :) I was told off for not taking my earrings out, oops! Not bad for a cute little witch pony :)
So she shone in a class of prodigious winners, I honesty cannot fault her! <3

13731604_10157217879735066_1591228590303148673_n.jpg

more pics and a video of her individual show on her facebook page - adventures of a witch pony!https://www.facebook.com/groups/897906510287525/

LiffWee93

Visit site
Thankyou all! I'm genuinely so chuffed with her of late, I cannot fault her at all!

Tapir - thankyou so much!! She's just the most fun to ride, I'm so very lucky :)

Crackers - she's forest bred out of millersford hannah and by Buckland dragonslayer :)