With some trepidation.....

{97702}

Visit site
I suppose some will 'get' this and some won't!

Before my little Flick was even ill I had decided I wanted to adopt another greyhound. There was a greyhound who I had nearly taken when I had Marty, and he had lingered in my mind as a possible 5th dog (!!!) as he had stayed in rescue kennels looking for a home..... then just before I had finally committed to saying 'yes, I'll lhave him!' someone else adopted him :eek::eek: Of course I was delighted he had a loving home, but I was also SO disappointed!! So when the charity advertised a lovely blue greyhound bitch for re-homing I arranged to go and see her.....

Then I lost my little Flick, quite unexpectedly, and I was devastated. She had been part of my life for longer than anyone, and I couldn't imagine life without my small white greyhound :( I had already arranged to visit rescue kennels that weekend, and to be honest I went simply to take my mind off thinking about Flick :(:(

It turned out that the lovely blue bitch wasn't compatible with my current dogs, but I met a huge, guileless, sweet, lovely brindle boy.....

Yeah, you know the rest :p Meet Ace......57284523_10157961528519587_2576585107464781824_o.jpg57674181_10157961520334587_4135604982613278720_o.jpg

{97702}

Visit site
He is such in pretty awful condition, he was being raced every week without a break at Belle Vue stadium in Manchester so his coat is horrible and he has quite a few bits out of him! I think that’s what made me feel sorry for him, he has never known love and affection and it is so sad watching him trying to adapt to a new home ❤️

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Well, I have to confess that I am not a greyhound fan (I know, I know:eek:) but I totally get why you needed to find another dog, so soon after losing Flick. I have always tried to 'replace' any animal that has had to be pts, as part of the 'getting over it' process.

I think that is why I am still missing the Draft horse so much after more than a year, as we had always intended to stick at 2 horses when the old ladies had gone, so there was no 'replacement'as the cob was already here.

It is great that he fits in so well your others and that he now has a loving home.

Equi

Visit site
I get it too, normally i would happily buy a new animal the day an old one died! I have not replaced my last dog though and i don't think i ever will. Best of luck with him :)

silv

Visit site
Pleased for you and what a great outcome for him! looking forward to updates and more photos.
My friend has just passed a home check for a greyhound and is so excited waiting for a suitable one to come along.

pippixox

Visit site
you never replace a lost dog, you just get another one to fill the space on the sofa! we lasted 3 weeks before we got a new rescue when my GSD died. been over two years and I still miss him, but the two others are perfect second hand ones who came at the right time, to fill the hole 3 weeks later, and a year ago the lab was offered to us.

pippixox

Visit site
That’s how I always think of it 😊 I still think constantly about all the dogs I’ve lost over the years, but there is always another poor soul needing a home.....

Exactly. I feel I have a responsibility to continue their legacy by rehoming another one.
I have only stopped at two as I have two children now too and no room left on my giant corner sofa

{97702}

Visit site
So handsome. What does Marty think? Greys are pretty easy going with each other, I think? I wince at your food bill!!

They told me when I picked him up ‘he likes to eat a lot’ - and that had come from the trainer, so it must have been noticeable! And they were right, he does 😂

Marty is a laid back type luckily and so is Ace, they are all getting on fine thank goodness. Marty grumbled a bit when I first brought Ace home but that’s just his way 🙄

Ace isn’t the brightest boy in the world it has to be said, I had an all-time first last night when I was woken up by a greyhound that had managed to get himself stuck under my bed..... I had to pretty much drag him out by his collar, his tail was wagging the whole time 😂

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
I suppose some will 'get' this and some won't!

Before my little Flick was even ill I had decided I wanted to adopt another greyhound. There was a greyhound who I had nearly taken when I had Marty, and he had lingered in my mind as a possible 5th dog (!!!) as he had stayed in rescue kennels looking for a home..... then just before I had finally committed to saying 'yes, I'll lhave him!' someone else adopted him :eek::eek: Of course I was delighted he had a loving home, but I was also SO disappointed!! So when the charity advertised a lovely blue greyhound bitch for re-homing I arranged to go and see her.....

Then I lost my little Flick, quite unexpectedly, and I was devastated. She had been part of my life for longer than anyone, and I couldn't imagine life without my small white greyhound :( I had already arranged to visit rescue kennels that weekend, and to be honest I went simply to take my mind off thinking about Flick :(:(

It turned out that the lovely blue bitch wasn't compatible with my current dogs, but I met a huge, guileless, sweet, lovely brindle boy.....

Yeah, you know the rest :p Meet Ace......View attachment 31662View attachment 31663

He is an extremely handsome boy. I love a brindle.