Without being that cheeky ridiculous post on fb...

poiuytrewq

Visit site
My daughters horse is arriving here on Friday. He is young and started being nappy during lockdown. Not been ridden since as we didn’t think the risk of her ending up injured worth taking at the time, obvious reasons!
As some will know, I’ve lost my horse a few months back (hence having a spare stable) and the plan was I’d ride her old boy. For a few months he’s been telling me he’s had enough and I keep trying to fix him but sadly I can’t. Today I’ve decided to retire him.
This leaves us with nothing for me to ride, in itself not a problem but this horse really could do with a lead. I’m going to long rein lots first.
Basically I need to loan, short term a bombproof lead horse ? ?‍♀️
Think this is in any way shape or form possible?
I fully expect to be featured in the above thread ?
Any ideas? I’m happy to walk/bike but not really sure if that will be enough!
As an afterthought I could maybe walk retired horse out with him but not sure I’ll be quick enough to get in front and take a lead if need be.

Evie91

Visit site
Well you may get lucky. I know of two Uni students who have bagged themselves summer loans. When I read their ads I genuinely thought they’d be no way, but they’ve both bagged themselves really nice horses!
So may be worth a shot.

Visit site
You might find a pregnant person who is happy for their horse to continue pootling about willing to loan you their horse til they are back in the saddle

Wishfilly

Visit site
If you only want to hack, there might be something out there that's older or maybe not fully sound in the school? But bombproof and fine for steady hacking?

I don't think it's an unreasonable/ridiculous ask- and you might get lucky!

ihatework

Visit site
Worth asking around if anyone wants the dull walk work done on any of their hunters, you might have some takers!!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I would loan my big one short term but not long term, so on that basis I would say yes. If someone has a horse they want to be kept ticking over for a few months then I don't see why not.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Depending on how tall you were and how brave you were I'd allow somebody competent to hack out my big lad on our farm so not exactly a loan but use of a classy horse with unlimited off road hacking with daughters horse coming too

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’m not tall! But we need to get him happy to hack from here so really would need something I can have living with us short term
Something old would do fine. It’s a shame people can’t go away as I could to free holiday care! Or winter, offering someone a work/money break might be a more reasonable offer!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Someone posted on here about looking for a hacking home for their horse. They may be prepared to loan?

AFB

Visit site
Our local RDA aren't reopening and have loaned out a lot of their horses - might there be anything similar nearby? Perhaps a riding school not running at full capacity?

ETA - RDA due to Covid, not a permanent closure