Wonderful Pic of My Mum on her horse Circa 1950!

Chavhorse

Visit site
During the packing process I have just unearthed this wonderful pic of my mum on her Hunter Hector.

I am loving the Breeches and the armchair seat and the big smile;-)

mumandhector.jpg

Chavhorse

Visit site
The cardigan is indeed immense;-))

That horse was still going strong when I was a kid and I was not born till 66;-)

FreddiesGal

Visit site
Lovely picture. I'm a way I wish technology hadn't progressed so much - the "retro" style photos are always so beautiful!

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Isnt that how your supposed to sit? Love the picture. Your Mums horse looks like my daughters ID x, we alsways say he looks like an old fashioned sort.

Gwena

Visit site
Brilliant picture - I'll have to get some of my mum and dad riding. The yard looks scarily similar to one just up the road from me!

Chavhorse

Visit site
Lovely, I love this sort of thing, just added some photos of my Granddad riding in the 50s too xx

Seen them ChiffChaff - lovely pics and a fab horse;-)

Brilliant picture - I'll have to get some of my mum and dad riding. The yard looks scarily similar to one just up the road from me!

It would have been in Harrow Gwena, we moved down to Kent when I was 3 ish.

The arm chair seat may not be 'correct' but it sure looks comfy! Looks like a mighty fine horse too!

He was indeed, he died when I was about 10 so must have easily been in his thirties when he did pop off, was still going out on the odd hack at the time as well.

ahh Memories memories.

diluteherd

Visit site
Fantastic photo.... definitely think we should make a thread in the photo gallery for 'photos from the past' I've got a few of horses that used to work on the farm and my great aunts horse :)