Wonderful West Wilts BE90RF Report!!

Hattikins

Visit site
Well firstly an apology for being absent from posting on HHO for a while, have been lurking but just busy doing not quite sure what!!

I think I last posted after Rackham, so since then my lovely Hattikins is on the market in preparation for me going to uni :( and as the ground is hard she's just having a fun time SJing at the moment. Little coloured chappy on the other hand went to Little Mattingley 10days ago and excelled himself with a 26.5 dressage and double clear with 2tf time pens (massive slapped wrist for me) I was suitably embaressed but he's just so super quick and wastes no time before, over or after fences and doesnt need any setting up and being all of 15hhs his cornering is very neat! Anyway he still came away with a win which we were all very chuffed about as he hadnt jumped for 3 weeks owing to me and his owners being on holiday and us boring the pants off him the 2 preceeding weeks by taking him showing!!

Sooo..... onto W.Wilts:

It's a 4hour journey for us, so we decided as J and his stable mate were both qualified we'd make a day of it and stable them the night before. They settled in very well and the 5 of us all went off to find our lovely B&B and a good pub for the evening, after getting absolutely soaked walking the XC - we had water just pouring down our faces and my jeans were so wet I had water running into my wellies! I have never been so drenched in my entire life!

The following morning having had a monumental breakfast courtesy of the lovely B&B consisting of cereal and fresh fruit, followed by a full cooked breakfast, followed by toast and homemade marmalades we all heaved ourselves back to W.wilts! :p (we did feel for the poor ponies having to carry us after that!)

Our times were civilised so I had time to partially bath jack having lain in poo all night, and then plait and slowly tack up. Watched some SJing which had been moved indoors and was causing no end of trouble, though not surprisingly causing little problem in the regional sections. Tootled off to dressage and J was feeling very full of himself - he'd caught sight of his stable mate (who wasnt stabled near him over night) and took full advantage of his vocal chords whilst warming up! Once his friend had done his test, we tactfully removed him and J quietened down sufficiently enough to do another one of his lovely tests - accurate, soft, active and rideable. Didnt know how he'd fair though as he's not your typical dressage horse (or eventer for that matter!) and after half the scores were up, the best was on 33 and the worst was on 39! It seemed to be anybody's game.

Onto the SJing and Jack jumped a lovely neat round, I made sure I rode him every step of the way but he gave me no worries at anything and it was a nice clear round. Think it may have been the first time i have ever jumped him indoors!

Quick change and off to the XC which was also causing a smattering of problems across the normal 90 sections but again, no trouble in the regionals. So off we set and he proceeded to give me a lovely ride, he really does love his XC! The only hairy moment was at the final fence which had silver barrels set into a wooden box ish thing(!) and he didnt see it until we'd popped through the gap in the hedge and he stuck an extra stride in which I so wasnt ready for! But we were home safe and sound nonetheless.

So to round off a very long 2 days Jack clocked a 31.5 dressage which was joint best dressage and we finished on our dressage score but were then nudged into 2nd place overall as we went XC in 4.27 and the winner went round in 4.29 which was 2secs closer to the optimum time! Close or what!! 10th place I think finished on 35.5 so there was just 4penalties separating the top 10!

Absolutely over the moon - never thought we'd qualify for the Badminton Grassroots champs on our first attempt (or at all in fact!) and was relying on having a second shot at Firle in 2weeks time! :D Huge huge hugs to such a superstar pony who so far this year has won 3 out of 5 events and never been out of the top 8!

Tea and cake to those who bothered to decipher my ramblings! :D

AutumnRose

Visit site
He is awesome - i told you that when i saw him at first Mattingley!! He's what B would be like with a proper rider!

I love love love him and soooooooooooooooooo excited for you going to Badders!!!!!!! Hope Hatts finds a lovely home too :) :) Might see you at Firle, i'm still dithering about entering because of the ground.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Wow! Well done Hattikins!!

What happens now? Presume he's not going anywhere fast, and you can keep him going, whilst studying at Uni??

Blimey..... what an exciting life you lead with all your successes!!

Super duper wow wow wow x x x

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you all very much :D really chuffed to bits with him!

AR: please please do firle!! J wants a coloured pony eventing buddy! :D and dont be silly - B is super duper with you and is going to get better and better :D

Santa: Thank you - as we agreed I think the dressage was interesting but I guess it happens like that sometimes. Hopefully not at any other events i go to though!!

Madhossy: hehe it is rather exciting isnt it! The future is fairly secure but there are a few different options - nothing set in stone yet but the champs are looking pretty certain i hope. :) How are the lovely Rosie and little Lilly? :D

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you!

Charndrox: I'm off to Loughborough :D

IZC: well I would love to put some piccies up but we didnt take a single one yesterday :( so will have to wait and see what the pros produce!

kick_On

Visit site
WOW congrats , it's very special comp, I still have memory of coming out of huntsman's close clearing onto main drag infront of house and going OMG we're riding at badders

Well done :) :)

KatB

Visit site
Oh WOW! A HUGE well done :) Very well deserved for both of you ;) Sorry to hear Hatt's is on the transfer list... hope selling goes smoothly. x

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
Ahhhh thats amazing, well done you! ;-( about hattkins being sold, but this other little chap sounds like one special boy!

Huge congrats and now you can sit back, relax and enjoy the run up to Badminton. ;-))

We need photo's though ;-))

Hattikins

Visit site
I'm just so chuffed to bits with this chappy - he is indeed a very special lad.

K_O: I will definitely be PMing you nearer the time if that's alright to get some insider info on how it all works at the champs! I'm excited already and it's months away! :D

KatB: Thank you! it's very sad but we just can't keep her while i'm at uni it's not fair on her as there's no one to ride her :( How's your lovely mare? I spotted some great shots of her jumping on facebook the other day!

SW: I will promise links to pro shots when they come out but for some reason or other we just never got the camera out ourselves - silly really! And thank you - he is rather special and I think he knows it too though he is super cheeky as well!

Starbucks: I've just be fortunate with the horses I've ridden! I'm certainly not a brave rider and probably not particularly good in the general scale of things, I've just been pretty lucky and sometimes you need a bit of luck! :)

KatB

Visit site
No I understand completely! It is difficult :(

Madam is grand thank you! :D When you;re at Uni, you will have to come up and visit her and WFM no.2 and get your riding fix if you want :p She will be pleased to keep your eye in jumping if you wanted to ;) :p