Woo hoo, have escaped Ward 33 Blackpool Victoria

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Its actually my right leg, while waiting for the ambulance!
Photo-0364.jpg

They only operated yesterday, have nailed it right through the bone from the knee to the ankle, think they only did the tibia!! Fib should heal itself.

Just can't belive I've done it again after last year!!

Anyway, they operated yesterday, examination tomm, but plaster room not open until monday, so begged and pleaded and they have let me come home with an app to go back first thing monday!!

Been straight to see May, got mugged for polos - thats all she really loves me for!

Any, millions of posts to catch up on to keep me busy, thanks for all your replies to Karenx's post
laugh.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Wow... I have seriously missed something! What the hell has happened? Are you ok?

Let me know if you need any help down the stable... after all, not that far away!

_jetset_

Visit site
Just found post from yesterday... poor you! You and and May were doing so well too... please don't let this put you off jumping, although I can understand why it would. My friend's Mum had pins put in her arm so she didn't have to have a cast on at all and it has healed incredibly quickly.

I hope you heal quickly... are you allowed a glass of wine?

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Pain was actually minimul, until they put that nail in!!!!!!! where they have operated is very sore, have brought plenty of painkillers home, will probably give the wine a miss until I've got a pot on it, don't want to risk wobbling over while its only bandaged up! Will have to make do with lots of chocolates instead!

think I missed my animals the most, then the forum! how sad!

Hornby

Visit site
Glad you've escaped from the Vic and can get back to normal life (a bit), nice to see that May missed you. If there's anything I can do to help - please let me know. B

mandy4727

Visit site
How could I have missed this. I was on last night and didnt see anything. What have you done. pm if you want so you don't have to repeat. Oh dear. So sorry. You poor thing!! Hope you make a speedy recovery and I will have a glass or wine or 2 for you. Give me a shout if you need anything. But I don't do motorways!!!! Hugs from all at this end and get better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barkinghorse

Visit site
So glad you managed to get home, there's nothing like hospital smell to make you home sick!!
really glad you're on the mend, you'll be back in the saddle in no time!
Rumour has it you're going to be sticking to flat work for a bit, does that mean we will be in the ring together next year? Lol
Jo xx

S_N

Visit site
Oh hunny - that really is the most rotten luck! You certainly know how to do things properly eh! Sending Heaps and HEAPS of cyber choccies!!!!!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Poor you!! do they have to wait for swelling to go down or something before they can operate? I mean, why did it take so long?
Hope you get well soon!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
It happened Tue eve, had to wait as they were too busy to operate and could'nt fit me in till Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was majorly peed off! Had to wait around with displaced bones that clicked every time I moved! Ewwwww

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
How could I have missed this. I was on last night and didnt see anything. What have you done. pm if you want so you don't have to repeat. Oh dear. So sorry. You poor thing!! Hope you make a speedy recovery and I will have a glass or wine or 2 for you. Give me a shout if you need anything. But I don't do motorways!!!! Hugs from all at this end and get better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Mandy, Karenx posted about it on Wed Am in Comp riders forum. Will take HH's advice and use my bioflow boot every night on it!! Just need to sort out a scooter (friend has one I can borrow) then i will be independant! Hopefully it will heal pretty quickly. Carrie who is looking after May for me is a trained instrutor and she is starting doing lots of quiet walk and trot work with her to keep her going for me
grin.gif
Will be out doing some dressage as soon as I'm mobile again!

Thanks for everyones good wishes xx

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
OMG poor you!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done for escaping, just sorry you have to go back
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I only have to go back to outpaients to have the wound checked then be plastered up. Will feel a bit better when its plastered, its only bandaged atm!!!
crazy.gif

Peanot

Visit site
Nice to hear from you again. But just as you and May were getting it together again!
frown.gif

I`ve no doubt you`ll be back in the saddle in no time. Have a speedy recovery.
Some lovely pics on your avatar BTW.

KarenX

Visit site
Hiya Lisa

I'm so glad you have escaped! You might get a decent nights sleep now! Its a pity you have to go back tomorrow, but you'll soon be all sorted and mobile again.
smile.gif

Will give you a ring later for a chat.

Karen
laugh.gif