Woo Hoo, neglect case with a happy ending!!

Bossdog

Visit site
Well, having phoned the RSPCA yesterday and them telling me that all they could do is advise the owners of the poines I thought they were doomed. I'd arranged a farrier to come out today and didn't know if they would still want him so I took a huge deep breath and rang them to ask. Well, I spent a good half hour on the phone to the woman,e xplained why I felt it necessary to call the authorities and listened to her reasons etc and by the end of the phone call, we were friends. The vet came yesterday after the RSPCA had been, diagnosed her with chronic laminitis and a nasty foot infection. He also illustrated how disgusted he was with the quality of shoeing and instructed that they must be removed immediatly. I think they genuinly didn't realise that they had a shoddy farrier and he was definatly taking them for a ride.

So they arranged for both ponies to be moved to the local farm where they are now ina small crew yard on straw, se is being treated with all the necessary medication and when she is better, they said that I can help get her fit again (in hand mind you, she's only 13hh bless her!!).

Not only that but an hour after the phobe call, they turned up at my door with a present for my son and a card that said how grateful they were that I had made them do something. So now we are all friends and the pony is on the mend.

So it just goes to show that sometimes people will listen and will appreciate concern. Thank to everyone here for their advice and I hope that everyone who is invloved in neglect cases will be brave enough to say how they feel, it could save a poor horses life.

Love Jules (and two happy ponies!!)

ruscara

Visit site
Fantastically well done! I am so pleased to see that it has worked out so well for all concerned.
smile.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
I cant beleive it i am stunned! Brilliant news and well done you. I guess occassionally its not cruelty but the unknown that plays a factor in some ponies miserable lifes. At least now your friends you can advice all the time and help them to learn so they know for next time something goes a little wrong.
Really well done
xx

GinaB

Visit site
Well done! I'm glad it has turned out so well for all concerned and they are now willing to listen and even want you help! You must get some pics to show how condition improves etc.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
wow that's brilliant. I've been following your posts these last few days and seriously thought these ponies were doomed. A happy ending...that's what i like to hear!

SueAllen

Visit site
Blimey!! Ever thought of a career in the diplomatic service!? You must have a lovely approach. What a great happy ending. Good for you.