Wood pellets that are delivered sensibly ??

smiggy

Visit site
Any ideas?
Just cancelled a lwp order as the delivery company gave me a day last week then failed to arrive after I had waited in all day, as they forgot to put them on the Lorry.
Today was second attempt, wait in all day, phone at four thirty, she's on her way, driver phones at 5 to say how important is it that they are not delivered on the 18 t articulated Lorry she is driving as that's what they are on as no one has read the paperwork until she did ! So she can't deliver to us now
I don't mind paying a bit more if I can actually get some delivered sensibly.
It's not lwp at fault here, btw, it's the delivery agents but that's who they use locally.

tiggipop

Visit site
i use white horse energy.. if you order one day they will be delivered on the 2nd working day after... ie I order on a tues and they are delivered on thurs although you cant state morning / afternoon without paying extra.

I also have limited access and they have a box to tick that states max 7.5 tonne truck. very useful!

white horse are good to deal with .

TGM

Visit site
I've used White Horse Energy, only had one lot so far, but delivery was satisfactory - ours can't come in an 18 ton lorry either, so they put them on a van.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I use White Horse, they are great but I have had some hiccups with the carrier. One day nothing arrived then the next day they delivered really early without any notification? We can't accept deliveries on a 18 ton lorry either but despite putting this on the order they tried to deliver.

The suppliers bare only as good as the haulage companies they use to deliver. Sometimes good....... sometimes not so good. :)

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I use White Horse too. Delivery is excellent and they always phone before they arrive.
The problem is getting the pallet off the truck, the pallet trolley just isn't man enough for the job...so we always have to unload some by hand.

fairyclare

Visit site
I use White Horse too. Delivery is excellent and they always phone before they arrive.
The problem is getting the pallet off the truck, the pallet trolley just isn't man enough for the job...so we always have to unload some by hand.

Same as us! The delivery is good but 9/10 the pallet falls and we have to lug at least half by hand as the pallet truck can't manage the job.
I always say 7.5t but always get a huge lorry - the deliver to us a lot so they know we cam have a bigger lorry.
I also always state that they need a mini fork lift, they never send one though.
The drivers who come to us are always helpful and always phone ahead.

Fjord

Visit site
I've had good experiences with 5 Star and White Horse, but it may well depend on the delivery companies they use in your local area.

dominobrown

Visit site
Just ordered from white horse in cumbria, split bags, had to unload 3 (!) Pallets be hand, previous time they sent a huge lorry when specified under 7.5 tonne, which then, even after specific instructions tried to drive down neighbours drive, 2 tractors later, and one less tree (!) We got it out. No impresssed so far???

xgemmax

Visit site
My last delivery from white horse, they'd all come off the pallet in the truck, then had to unload a whole pallet. most of which the bags were open as they had not been sealed properly!! A right nightmare. Complained to them and was refunded for 4, yes 4 bags out of a whole pallet as I had only taken pictures of those as examples. Apparently if I wanted any compensation then I'd have had to take a photo of each bag.. Won't be using again, shame as the bedding itself is nice

william95

Visit site
Try Just Wood Pellets. They are based in South Wales but deliver nationwide and are very competitively priced. Virgin pine wood pellets too so a lovely smell and clean looking stables. I'm lucky as they are local to me so he (Norman Phillips) delivers them himself in his van and even unloads them for me! I messaged him Tuesday pm and they're being delivered this morning.

Pink_Lady

Visit site
I use Platinum Wood Pellets and happy with the product. The delivery is a bit "hit and miss" - the last delivery the driver stated that he could only do kerbside delivery. He wanted to leave the pellets on the pavement. I asked him to put the pallet on the edge of the drive but they were left half on the drive and half on the pavement - I have the delivery to home - lucky we only live on a very quiet street.

Annagain

Visit site
I use White Horse too but they use a network of local delivery companies so you won't get a consistent picture of delivery. The first year they all came on one pallet which got dropped exactly where we wanted and it all worked perfectly. Since then the local company has decided one pallet isn't safe so they transfer half of it onto another pallet. The problem is, we only have storage room for one pallet so we have to take the other half and stack it all back on the original pallet by hand and then get rid of the extra pallet. Very frustrating

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Just had my first delivery from White Horse - I got the Platinum Plus.

I had to book a Saturday delivery and request a 7.5 tonner.

Driver was horsey by marriage, which helped! He was from a local depot and well used to delivering pellets from 2 companies (he didn't say what the other company was). He was extremely helpful and drove the lorry as far up as he could, so that I had minimal hand balling.

There were 3 bags that were damaged (which reminds me I must ring and tell White Horse). He told me there are always 3 or 4 bags damaged but the other companies' pellets he delivers always have more as they aren't wrapped as well.

Am loving the pellets - after Verdo they are a real change.

Nari

Visit site
I've had several deliveries from Sorbeo with no problems, in fact the drivers have been very helpful.

Achinghips

Visit site
White horse platinum plus refunded me £23 for all the lost pellets resulting from lossy of contents from the broken bags which arrived lop sided and neally falling off a palette, requiring movement by hand on a palette I provided. Many more bags were ripped, requiring parcel tape, some having been repaired en route. Two were missing, assumed beyond repair. We had to sweep the lorry out into wheelbarrows