Wooden flat pack stables

vivhewe

Visit site
Does anyone know anywhere decent and cheap to buy some plat pack stables? Assembling them isn't a problem (not after constant nagging for a fortnight anyway!) so I am thinking it will be cheaper than getting them built by the supplier.

Any info appreciated

Bri

Visit site
We looked into this recently and cheapest we could find was around 1k and weren't even that nice!
We ended up getting the wood and building it from scratch ourselves, which worked out brilliantly. Have a stable built exactly how I want it, and worked out in total to be about £400 including roofing materials, bolts etc!!

vivhewe

Visit site
I hadn't thought of that! And if I'm really lucky I might be able to scrounge some stuff from the farm when nobody is looking
wink.gif
for them too!

Can I be nosey and ask what size stable and have you got any piccies?
smile.gif
viv x

Bri

Visit site
Of course you can...stable is 12x 11.5 (roughly...sides were just short of 12 ft, back and front were 12 ft exactly)..

We used mostly 2x4 wood for beams,ply to line it and featheredge boarding on the outside. Mine was tacked onto the end of two old 'flatpack' ones, but could have been made to stand alone!

Framework...
DSCF0067.jpg

Final side...
DSCF0069.jpg

Roof framework..
DSCF0074.jpg

Side..
DSCF0076-1.jpg

And front..
DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

They're not completely finished yet, awaiting door, proper roofing and finishing touches, but YO isn't well so has sort of been put on hold. What's up in the final picture only took a weekend, so they're fairly easy to put up!!!

vivhewe

Visit site
Hey that's good! It's just as good if not better than a flat pack one, and seeing as my cousin's OH is good with practical things I might be able to get him to erm... help
wink.gif

I've had my little man 10 years and I'm still waiting for stables, so now when I've got Danny and I want to be able to ride in winter etc. I'm putting my foot down and want some stables
crazy.gif
but knowing my luck I will get the framework in the first picture and then everyone will leave it!
wink.gif
LOL!

Basically for £1200 (the price of one flat pack stable) I can have three!
grin.gif
Yay!

*vivhewe bounces around room*

Thankyou BG!
smile.gif

Bri

Visit site
Actually not as hard as it looks, as long as you can bang some nails in and saw wood then your fine!!
(says me, who just stood back and watched
grin.gif
)