Woodpellet bedding - which is the best/whitest?

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I have used balcas brites previously at a different yard, and was happy with them, but am mega confused ... Are balcas brites the same as Liverpool wood pellets premium, or are they different? If so how are they different?

How do woodlets or white horse energy premium compare?

Any other recommendations - I want to get it right if I'm buying a pallet load!

Also where is the cheapest place to buy a pallet load?

Many thanks!

FlyingCircus

Visit site
I have used balcas brites previously at a different yard, and was happy with them, but am mega confused ... Are balcas brites the same as Liverpool wood pellets premium, or are they different? If so how are they different?

How do woodlets or white horse energy premium compare?

Any other recommendations - I want to get it right if I'm buying a pallet load!

Also where is the cheapest place to buy a pallet load?

Many thanks!

I use Woodlets and they start off very white-ish but soon go a light biscuity colour.

BlairandAzria

Visit site
What's up with the woodlets?

There is a previous post saying that the white horse bags split and they are dustier than lvp - how have you found the bags- do they split easily or has that been rectified?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Never had them before but White Horse Energy said they have improved the bags before I ordered. I've accidentally split a couple as I had to move the whole pallet by hand, and threw a couple on the floor a bit too hard :eek: but the rest are in tip top condition.

Leo Walker

Visit site

There is a previous post saying that the white horse bags split and they are dustier than lvp - how have you found the bags- do they split easily or has that been rectified?

I had a pallet delivered to my house, roughly dragged them into the car, dragged them into a wheelbarrow and threw them into a pile. 16 bags in and I've yet to find a split one :) I definitely dont find them dusty either. I livery on a yard that has wind turbines just beyond the grazing and other pellets have been so dusty I have come home coated in a thin layer of pellet dust. Hasnt happened with WH pellets yet :)

wingedhorse

Visit site
White horse energy platinum plus have improved their bags, and seem good.

Heard mixed reports about the white horse unbranded and about the white horse woodlets.

Oddly the woodlets are MORE expensive than the platinum plus both from white horse. But I dont think the woodlets are whiter / more absorbant than the platinum plus??

9tails

Visit site
White Horse Energy Platinum Plus for sure. I'm still on my original order from last year in the flimsy bags, those bags are awful and there is an occasional avalanche as they become more brittle with age. Horse just gets bigger bed when that happens. But if WHE say the bags are improved I'll be over the moon.

eggs

Visit site
Having tried just about every pellet (wood and straw) on the market my favourites are Aquamax, Five Star Professional and White Horse Platinum Plus (although I do still get the odd split bag - tip: if storing outside keep the pallet covered so that the rain does not get onto the pellet bags).

9tails

Visit site
I was given a couple of bags of Sorbeo wood pellets so thought I'd add one of those the other week (18kg bags). BIG mistake, it ruined my bed within three days and I had to remove two barrows of wet bed then add 3 bags of white horse platinum to return to a decent bed. So I don't recommend Sorbeo! I've donated the other bag to another livery who uses Verdo and won't know the difference ;-)

Emma_H

Visit site
I have no issue with Woodlets, I recommend them.
They don't stay white for long but they do the job really well

PuzzlePiece

Visit site
I've just started my winter beds on white horse premium and very impressed so far. Especially considering they're in 24/7 due to weather atm.

poiuytrewq

Visit site

The bags are horrific and driving me literally mad! last year i used LWP and used to soak in the bag to add more bedding. Impossible with woodlets as the water just go's everywhere. Rectified by emptying a bag into a trug and adding water....but my trug has blown awat so this evening I'm once again irritated by the whole thing ;)

Dust wise I'm not finding them much different to last years. Coblet is coughing a little so may have to take him off them but he's really sensitive.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I may be being a little fussy! Two winters ago i ordered from Five Star and they accidentally sent the expensive ones rather than the ones i'd ordered and paid for. They were amazing! No dust at all and stayed perfectly white and fluffy. Really lovely to work with.
They are of course twice the price than anything I've tried/can afford since!!!

Rudolph's Red Nose

Visit site
I used woodlets last winter and was really pleased with them but after working out that platinum plus were better value for ££ I went with them but have to say I had a much better bed last year using the woodlets - I am running out of my Plat plus so will buy another pallet of woodlets to double check but I think the absorbency is better than plat plus. Have seen adverts recently for sorbeo and was wondering how they compared and nearly started a thread last night ...

Annagain

Visit site
I had woodlets last year and platinum plus this year and find them pretty similar.Not had any problems bag wise with the platinum. I empty in to the wheelbarrow, soak them in there and then just wheel them to where I want them. Works really well!

9tails

Visit site
Have seen adverts recently for sorbeo and was wondering how they compared and nearly started a thread last night ...

I can confirm that they're not the quality we're used to. If you don't like Platinum Plus, you'll hate these. When soaked, they go a pinkish colour and took overnight to actually swell. So when they get wet in the stable, they just don't dry out again.

wingedhorse

Visit site
I used woodlets last winter and was really pleased with them but after working out that platinum plus were better value for ££ I went with them but have to say I had a much better bed last year using the woodlets - I am running out of my Plat plus so will buy another pallet of woodlets to double check but I think the absorbency is better than plat plus. Have seen adverts recently for sorbeo and was wondering how they compared and nearly started a thread last night ...

Anyone else got views on the quality / absorbancy of white horse woodlets versus white horse platinum plus?

Annagain

Visit site
Anyone else got views on the quality / absorbancy of white horse woodlets versus white horse platinum plus?

I find them pretty similar so far, although my horse has only been in week this winter. He's so wet that a week should be enough for me to assess it though!

Sandstone1

Visit site
I'm happy with platinum plus, did notice a smell of wee to start but think it was because I was disturbing the bed too much. Going to order some more.