Woohoo! I'm so excited!

Pidge

Visit site
Just got back from Stafford Riding Club Show where we did a calm (ish) dressage test and got 53.7% so well chuffed
grin.gif
Then did the starter stakes for horses again and came 2nd
grin.gif
BUT because I've come 2nd three times and 3rd once, the other 2 shows I didn't enter this class I've won the CHAMPIONSHIP - WOOOO HOOOO I'M SO PLEASED WITH PIDGE I CAN'T STOP SMILING - Just had to share with everyone, this really means a lot to me, especially after the S*** week last week, so thank you Dave, I owe it to you, I hope you were watching from up there
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks everyone
grin.gif
guess who will be having extra carrots in his tea tonight? - especially to JAK and ED who came to watch and cheer on and kept the news to themselves until I could post on here. I hope you enjoyed today I'm shattered now and have finally eaten something.

beaconhorse

Visit site
WELL DONE YOU!! I could see on your face how pleased and proud you were and you deserve it FANTASTIC and yes of course Dave was watching, just like Emma was watching me

JAK

Visit site
We had great fun & ED was quite inspired, as she thought everyone doing dressage would be an Anky & everyone doing SJ an Ellen! She doesn't compete at the mo as she is very shy but was pleased to see they were all mostly 'normal, everyday' people with 'normal, everyday' horses! LOL

She liked Pidge a lot, even though he drooled all over her jacket & even agreed that Sunny is 'mega cute', though unlike her sister, she is not a fan of cobs generally!
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks Dee, I was and still am chuffed to bits, it's like I've achieved something now, and I'm sure Dave would be so proud and happy for me, just wish he was here...............

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks Jane, I'm glad you had a good time, and fingers crossed that ED will come and have a go at the dressage or jumping next year, good god if I can have a go at dressage with Pidge then of course she can LOL I don't think we'll ever make a dressage horse out of him as he loves his jumping too much but hey ho it's the taking part that counts. Most of them are normal horses bar that one in the dressage warm up who went for Pidge grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I'm so sorry he slobbered over her jacket, he's just such a messy horse
blush.gif
, no wonder I do so much clothes washing!
Aha another member joins the Sunny fan club then?

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks
grin.gif
really makes up for such a crap week last week, am still grinning this morning. Only problem is I can't do this class next year so will have to go up to 2'6" so plenty of practice over the winter, not for Pidge but me
tongue.gif

Moggy

Visit site
Well done! What's colours your horse? I probably saw you.
How lucky were we with the weather? I thought we'd be very soggy!

Pidge

Visit site
Thanks, Pidge is chestnut with an unusual white face - can't put a photo here as am work and they block photobucket, but if you go on one of my recent posts you can see Pidge. Couldn't believe it stayed dry whilst we were there, very black in the distance but managed to get them home before the rain came
grin.gif
Were you competing or spectating?

Moggy

Visit site
It just started as we were loading. I just did dressage. Mines a big bay with a scar on his shoulder. My friend did scary 2'9''.
confused.gif

Pidge

Visit site
You were lucky to miss it then! Which dressage did you do? We did Prelim 18 and got 53.7% so was really pleased - only tried to canter the long side once when we should have been trotting
blush.gif
so quite civilised for Pidge.
Woah! 2'9" well scary - 2'6" is bad enough even when on a really good day! Are you going to the presentation night?

Moggy

Visit site
We did prelim 10 and Novice. Little toad wanted to go and play with foals at the bottom of field in first one. Was it Paul judging your class? He is quite hard on the marking but a good judge. Not sure about the presentation, it's a bit of a way on a Friday for us.

She is mad, 2'6'' is about my limit.

Pidge

Visit site
Ah yes we've done that before judges comment was "would rather have been in field today"
blush.gif
he does like to tart it in front of the girlies! How did you get on? Paul did mark my test and I was pleased with the result as dressage is not easy for Pidge, he came over from Ireland where he had been on a hunt yard as a hireling. And to be honest over the summer we have just had some fun, plenty of hacks, jumping etc and haven't really done any schooling - but am now on a mission to sort out his flat work, much to his disgust!

Moggy

Visit site
Sounds like you are doing well, have you done any XC with him? How old is he? Mine was a complete nutter with a death wish, but is a very happy horse these days. He won both (cringe)

Pidge

Visit site
Funny you should ask as I set a new years goal to go round a XC course and there is one near our yard so had better get my act together or the course will be shut for winter! Pidge was 9 in April.
Did you win both dressage tests? Sorry having a blonde day! If so WELL DONE
smile.gif
you should be very proud. What is your horses breeding, age etc? Sorry just being nosy!

Moggy

Visit site
Started doing Xc this year with mine, never thought I would but it's great fun! He's a 9yo Holstein x ID/TB. He really has come on this year after 18months of being a mad pony.
Looks like I may be at Stafford Do, I had message on answer phone last night saying he'd won Open Prelim and Novice (at least I think that's what she said!) Bless him

Pidge

Visit site
Where did you take him XC? As I need somewhere that does low fences, not for Pidge's benefit but mine! He sounds nice, have you got a picture you could post? Well done on winning the championship in the dressage so we'll see you at the presentatio night then???

Moggy

Visit site
I dont know if Im going to make it, I hadnt realised it was next week, and im on a course in London that day! I may have to see if they'll let me pick them up at a later date. Stressed now!

Where abouts are you? Eland is great, nice mix of jumps and good water (If you like playing in it like I do) Solihull and Catton are good fun or there's a few farm ones around.

No idea how to post pics, but there's one of us at noblephotos.co.uk Solihull ODE 16th Sept Page 3 left handside below lady with the dog!

Pidge

Visit site
I'm sure they'll let you pick them up later if you can't make the presentation - give Liz a ring.
Oh yes Pidge loves playing in water so am definately up for going round Eland Lodge, can you just pay to school round there then?
If you go to Picture Gallery there is a guide on how to post pictures - you can open a photobucket account for free, store your photos on there and then copy the image link on here. Have looked at the photo, very nice jump looks big though!

Moggy

Visit site
Yes just give them a ring and book it. I think it's about £15 then just sign a disclaimer thing when you get there. I did have a lesson with a very scary lady there a few weeks ago ( she made me do all the steps by the kiln thing!!!!!!!) but she did talk a lot of sense and helped with my confidence. She was suggested by the girls in the shop if you feel brave after a few plays!
If you save your pennies, Horse Camp at Somerford park is good fun as well.