Woolwich Barracks horses spook, 6 in hospital

Equi

Visit site

Hanno Verian

Visit site
Just seen the moped footage what a D***! But I guess if you've no experience of horses, then it might never occur to you that what your doing is stupid!

Cant say I'm surprised though people dont know, dont think, dont care....

Arzada

Visit site
Cowardly bullying drivers get some sort of pleasure from targeting vulnerable road users. I've had a car driver stay alongside me with the driver keeping their hand on the horn. Fortunately I was on rock solid ex police horse who didn't react and the driver eventually pulled away. Then there are the drivers who come as close as possible to me on my bike without actually hitting me but severely shaking me. I have yet to return to one of my favourite one hourish circular routes after the last experience of one of these bullies who had 2 clear lanes to use to go past me. This is known as the 'punishment pass'.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Thought to have been caused by a car sounding its horn behind the horses causing them to spook and break free and causing some riders to fall. Surely these horses are seen regularly in the area why on earth would someone think its ok to sound their horn?

https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/6-people-rushed-hospital-up-19602394

Have also seen a video of a moped driver overtaking the troop out, resulting in him being kicked off his moped.

moped overtakes troops

that second link looks like the Bayswater road

Karran

Visit site
The moped incident is somewhere else. Not Woolwich. I live about a mile from the barracks and see them maybe once a week or so out on their hacks. Most of the times i've seen the public have been very respectful and careful around them. They are very popular and parents bring their kids out to see them trot pass!
Lots of angry people on the local facebook groups!