Working a horse while on Panacur 5 day treatment

Sleipnir

Visit site
Advice appreciated. I am going to start the 5 day Panacur treatment next week on my horse to treat possible encysted redworm infestation. His fecals came back almost clean and he is overall a very healthy, >600kg, 12yo horse. This will, however, be the first time he'll have Panacur. What I'd like to know - is a horse allowed to be worked very lightly during these 5 days and a few days after - read, walking in hand, light groundwork and light riding, or is it better to let him rest completely and just monitor his health? He lives out 24/7 anyway, but tends to get very fizzy to handle at this time of the year if not in at least some work as often as possible.

I would ask this to our vet, but, unfortunately, Panacur is barely known in my country (I ordered it from the UK after extensive research) and the vets I tried consulting could offer no advice as they have had no experience with it! Thanks in advance. :)

Sleipnir

Visit site
In case anyone else is searching this forum about the use of Panacur someday, like I was, I just wanted to update briefly that my horse didn't show any adverse effects from it during the course and has been energetic and happy since day one (the course is now finished since yesterday). The wormer also seemed to be very palatable, as he just gobbled down it mixed with his feed as if it was the tastiest treat in universe - and I didn't even get the apple/cinnamon flavoured one. :D Strange things, those horses.