Working Livery at Merrist Wood

keldamg

New User
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has/ has had a horse on working livery at Merrist Wood college? Just have a few questions as I am considering it as an option. First of all, getting there on a saturday would be a problem so I was wondering if there's a way I would be able to have someone feed, muck out etc. for me on a Saturday? Secondly, during the holidays do you keep your horse there? Or would I have to move him? Also what would happen if I were to go on holiday? Thirdly, it says feed, bedding etc included, does that mean they would muck out, feed etc. for me or is it just provided?

Thanks a lot :)

fairyclare

Visit site
When I was a student at MW (some 11 yrs ago!) the horses in the school were turned out Friday afternoon and bought in Sunday afternoon, they spent the weekend out, summer and winter.
But, they were stabled 24/7 during the week.

chokablok

Visit site
I'm pretty sure that they do everything like mucking out and stuff - I know that the students work at the yard on a rotational basis e.g class a does yard work and looking after the horses one week, then class b does the next and so on. I would call them and ask as they will be able to answer these questions best! :)