Working Pupils and Training.

zaminda

Visit site
Out of interest how much training would you say is reasonable for a working pupil. Should it be a mixture of stable management and riding?
Do you think the working pupil should ask for their training, or should it follow some sort of schedule?
Would it vary given the level of experience of the working pupil?
I have always felt work based training is far better than college, but i'm not so sure given what I have witnessed recently.

ruth83

Visit site
I think it is very much dependant on the level of pupil and their individual deal.

Yes, there are situations where the mickey is taken. Equally there are situations which the pupil could learn a lot from which they do not properly embrace (because they don't perceive it to be 'training')

Marchogaeth

Visit site
I am a working pupil studying with a registered training association, I start at 7:30 recieve a lecture at 10 (from the yard manager BHSI) and a lesson that day, but I'll ride and lunge at least 3 others that day too:) In my opinion the lecture is a nessecity, pupils who seriously want work work within the industry need to have vast theoretical as well as practical knowledge, especially if going down the BHS route!

touchstone

Visit site
I was a working pupil many years ago, so it may well be different now, but the day started at 7 am with a hours lecture, normally written but sometimes practical at 9.30, followed by an hours lesson. The rest of the day involved teaching, schooling and breaking as well as the usual chores.