World Class Development Programme?

Stella

Visit site
How does this work? I've tried googling and only find bits on some activities. I'm wondering - is it a programme that provides funds to assist riders who show particular talent? Also when did it start and how did it develop?

Stella

Visit site
I'll take a look, but I always have this expression
confused.gif
confused.gif
if its not dressage
blush.gif

Kal

Visit site
Sorry they have the 5 star performance awards not the delevlopment programme. Although i don't know whether they are the same thing.

I've probably got you even more confused now.....

Stella

Visit site
Thanks, you seem to be answering all of my dumb questions tonight! The horse mentioned on my other thread is for one of the riders on the scheme. So it looks like it provides training rather than money then! Good to see they include some sports science
smile.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
You're welcome
laugh.gif

And they arent dumb questions. Competitive dressage (imo) is god damn confusing
tongue.gif
Whats worse, many people mention all this stuff in passing and assume everyone else knows what theyre talking about
wink.gif

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You're welcome
laugh.gif

And they arent dumb questions. Competitive dressage (imo) is god damn confusing
tongue.gif
Whats worse, many people mention all this stuff in passing and assume everyone else knows what theyre talking about
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Absolutely! And slap bang in the middle of a conversation about other things is not the time to ask is it? so I thought I'd have an information gathering fest tonight
wink.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Nop! Its easier to just nod and smile and look like you know what you're talking about
tongue.gif

Besides, admitting ignorance in the dressage world is like social suicide !
laugh.gif

Refer to all famous trainers by their first names as if you know them. Take your shades to a show regardless of the weather. Wear full bling whether riding at home or at a show. Ensure the horsebox fridge is stocked with champagne and nod and smile at anything said to you. The golden rules of being accepted into dressage society
wink.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Ohhh you know its true! :p

I have to say i did love the dressage circles in the UK
laugh.gif
I went everywhere with my trainer and i had a great time for the period i was with her. What i said is still true though
laugh.gif

p.s. Anyone seen Carl recently? Is he well?
wink.gif

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ohhh you know its true! :p

I have to say i did love the dressage circles in the UK
laugh.gif
I went everywhere with my trainer and i had a great time for the period i was with her. What i said is still true though
laugh.gif

p.s. Anyone seen Carl recently? Is he well?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I hear he is and more himself these days after all the upset with Spenny!

Another thing I feel like I'm supposed to know - How come 'Emma' has an English name, but speaks with a German accent, is based in Germany and rides for GB
shocked.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Emma was born in the UK as far as I know and went to train with Kyra at a relatively early age. Interestingly, at that point Kyra would have been based in Sweden.

Im pretty sure shes married to a German dude now. I believe shes trained in Germany for a loooong time. The accent im not quite sure about. Ive been in denmark on and off for a fair few years now but i dont appear to be gathering any form of Danish twang. Perhaps i should? It may help my dressage divaness
wink.gif
On the other hand, i think its better i learn German as trainers who yell at you in broken german seem to be all the trend these days.

Leg Leg Leg! Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut! Sehr Guuuts Heste!

You should spend a day on my yard. Our head trainer is danish, his head boy is german and we have riders from all over. Its bizarre
tongue.gif

Stella

Visit site
LOL
smile.gif

I feel like we should pull up a couple of chairs for a chat over coffee - sorry champagne! How do you find the rolkur issue/debate over there?

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Oh its quite popular with the new lead rider at our yard.

When i first arrived, the lead rider was a guy called Henning who had been classically trained by a very famous danish rider. He was lovely! Honestly, he was probably the main reason i chose the yard that i did.

Sadly, in August last year, Henning decided to leave Broholm and the new dude arrived. The new guy's credentials are top class. He is involved in the training of the Danish young riders dressage squad, competes at top level and spent some time with the riders at the Blue Hors Stud.

Hes also really quite harsh
frown.gif
He warms up religiously with various gadgets (the tack room looks like a torture store tbh... theres a gadget for every eventuality). He horses are rode very deep and very short and although he does tend to have them moving forwards, theyre still generally hollow
tongue.gif

Since he arrived, so have numerous groupies of his and the yard has generally changed a lot.

Thankfully, Jack is coming home soon so i dont have to care for much longer
tongue.gif

Stella

Visit site
What a shame, a lot of that must be tough to watch
frown.gif

Where is Jack coming home from? Are you returning to the UK?