World Record for petty behaviour?

icestationzebra

Visit site
Do you have an example that would qualify?

I tie my horse and sometimes a haynet to the tie ring directly beneath the window outside my stable. Last week haynet was taken down and moved. Then 'livery' next door wrote her name in permanent marker on the tie ring! I ignored this and put my haynet back as the ring is on my stable wall and not hers. She then came over to tell me in no uncertain terms that it was her tie ring - I explained that I used it because it was on my stable wall... she then stated that she OWNED it (she used those words and I am not sure how I kept a straight face) and she didn't want me to use it....
blush.gif
We had an exchange of words needless to say. The next day I got OH to put another one up for me on the wall of my other neighbour who is very nice. The worst part of it is this 'livery's' horse lives out down the road and I have never even seen it in the stable let alone tied up.....

Does this take the biscuit for petty behaviour?

I would have told her that that it is your stable wall and you don't want her ing on it!
Or got your OH to put your ring up right next to hers on your wall and carried on!!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I'm trying to think of something to top that but am struggling...
Ah, ok, got it. Someone at my yard complained that PF was turned out with her horse. Like her horse had exclusive rights to THAT particular paddock. In fact, she didn't see why PF should be allowed any turn out at all since she's fortunate enough to have a stable...
Oh, and another time she complained that the tack room was locked (Fabian wasn't there) when she wanted to ride. Not so petty, you might think EXCEPT she didn't HAVE any tack of her own beyond a headcollar, therefore NO reason to go into tack room.
Complete tw*t, fortunately she's gone to another yard now.

JadeWisc

Visit site
make her move it if it is on your wall and put up your own. Or , if she refuses, have to yo remove it and put in on her "real estate" lol

She is the one being petty and forcing you to have to be as well.
Why on earth would she have installed it on your wall anyhow? what a nut

PuddingandElla

Visit site
Oh my god - i can't believe it! I would put another one up right next to hers if i was you!
I have got a good one too tho - a lady left my old yard and was packing up all her stuff. Anyway the next day her husband turned up - for the broom! The best thing was that the broom was toally dead anyway AND it wasn't even her broom it was one of the other girls on the yard! He took it anyway!
What is it with these people.....

SSM

Visit site
You made me smile!!!!!!!!!!

You MUST put a big label on it - Property of.........do not use without prior permission - If only you could you should mark out the floor around in double yellow lines - Jemima's parking space - well it is your wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
We had a guy who kept his string of polo ponies at our yard over winter. I have a tie up ring on my stable wall. he asked if he could put 2 more on there so he could tie up all his ponies at once when my horse was out. No prob.

Gobsmacked when he left and went to the touble of removing his 2 rings and taking them with him.

horsegirl

Visit site
Surely the award for pettiest behaviour, this week certainly, goes to all the people who panicked when someone else had the nerve to post a rocks & sucks post?

Taboo1968

Visit site
Go buy yourself nice shiny tie up ring..... get little engraved plaque with your name to fix above it, remove her ring and hang on her stable with a little note saying.... I have removed YOUR tie up ring and replaced it with one that I have bought, please refix YOUR ring to YOUR stable wall.... thanks! That should shut her up!

Sooty

Visit site
Gobsmacked? Why? Do you not realise how much these things cost? We could be talking as much as £2 here you know! Each! Given the negligible cost of keeping a string of polo ponies that is a lot of dosh...

PaddyMonty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Gobsmacked? Why? Do you not realise how much these things cost? We could be talking as much as £2 here you know! Each! Given the negligible cost of keeping a string of polo ponies that is a lot of dosh...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for putting me straight on this one.
smirk.gif

Must remember to file the heads off the bolts on mine so no one steals it

muffy32

Visit site
i would put a tye ring up on her stable wall and tie your horse up there with the haynet, then just to add injury to insult I wouldnt clean up the hay once your GG finished
or
I would remove her tie ring and leave it outside her stable door. I would explain that you had to remove it as she would not give you permision to use it , you needed one for you GG and it seemed ensible to put YOUR tie ring for YOUR gg on YOUR stable.

Sparklet

Visit site
There is a bloke (livery's stepfather) at our place filled our tack room with biscuits and purchased extra mucking out equipment and said with a big cheery smile...help yourself.

We did....then came the note on the tack room wall accusing others of stealing his biscuits, then he wrote his name and 'keep off' all over the mucking out equipment.

We have go the measure of him now and tend to ignore him but he really caused awful upset and some dreadful rows with it all.

icestationzebra

Visit site
At the time I got myself into a right stew about it - but by the time I got home and retold the story to OH I was laughing... honestly quite embarrassed to have been in an argument about a tie ring! OH wanted to put another one directly next to hers but I really didn't want to prolong the tie ring discussions
grin.gif
I now have a nice new one and hers remains unused on the other side.

Love the idea about double yellow lines outside - it might be her tie ring but if she enters the zone I give her a ticket - can you imagine!!!
I haven't given in completely however you will all be proud to hear that I sweep quite a large chuck of the yard but leave a definate square around her stable.....

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
nearly but not quite as bad,
At my old yard all the liveries clubbed together to buy some poly blocks, I think it worked out that there was 10 of us and so we bought 10 and therefore paid for 1 each.
It was verbally agreed at the time that the blocks belonged to 'the yard' and were not individual peoples property.

Except when 1 lady moved her horse she took her 1 block with her
confused.gif

I agree tho, that tie up ring woman takes the biscuit for being petty!

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't think I can beat that! You should have put your new ring directly above hers, so when your haynet was tied up she couldn't get to her ring. Tragic person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have done the same and written my name above it.

Ahh the joys of having only myself to piss off lol

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
At the time I got myself into a right stew about it - but by the time I got home and retold the story to OH I was laughing... honestly quite embarrassed to have been in an argument about a tie ring! OH wanted to put another one directly next to hers but I really didn't want to prolong the tie ring discussions
grin.gif
I now have a nice new one and hers remains unused on the other side.

Love the idea about double yellow lines outside - it might be her tie ring but if she enters the zone I give her a ticket - can you imagine!!!
I haven't given in completely however you will all be proud to hear that I sweep quite a large chuck of the yard but leave a definate square around her stable.....

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL at the double yellow lines! dont forget the parking metre LMAO
grin.gif
grin.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
Or like Monopoly, she can land there, but has to pay rent as you own it!!
That's shocking though, do these people have nothing better to do with their time?!

I have to admit to being slightly petty to prove a point before - had a really nasty selfish woman on the yard who got very abusive when I insisted she stop using the winter fields as her own personal sick/laminitic paddocks (they're meant to be rested for 6 months + and haven't been rested for one - meaning no grass for my ned all winter). So after she'd screamed abuse at me, I told her the kettle I'd bought for the yard was no longer available for her use, and if she wanted tea she could bring her own! The rest of the yard was obviously allowed to use it though.........yes, pretty immature and pathetic of me, but after listening to her swear and insult me for 10 straight minutes, there's no way I was having her use my stuff!!!!

icestationzebra

Visit site
Good for you. Sometimes I think it takes a message in their own petty language that the way they behave is simply not acceptable. It makes me wonder... are these people like this JUST at the yard or are they the type of person that puts name labels on ALL their pencils at work despite the fact the company supplies them?
grin.gif