Worming Query

wiglet

Visit site
Our yard will be worming soon with Pramox. We follow the Pramox and Equest worming plan. A lady at the yard has an oldie who's quite underweight coming out of winter and she's not keen on worming with Pramox as it's such a powerful wormer and she says it will be too much for his body to handle all in one go. So, what alternative could be used? Any ideas gratefully received.

Shooting Star

Visit site
Equest and then a separate tapewormer like equitape, personally if i was worried about one though I'd do a worm count first and then base any treatment on the results

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Pramox is Moxidectin and Praziquantel combined and you can do these ingredients separately with a gap inbetween.

Or you could wormcount. If clear depending on when you last wormed with Equest (Moxidectin) then you may not need to worm for encysted redworm which do not show up on worm counts.

You can also do the Equisal test for tapeworm, if that comes back negative then you wouldn't need the Equitape (Prazinquantel).

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
You could use eqvalan duo for all and tape and for red worm do in winter with normal equest

I won't use pramox either as I've known a few go down with colic after, mine is 38 so I won't risk it

xgemmax

Visit site
We worm count and then do an equitape march and September. Only wormer I use is in December when I do an equest for encysted red worm