worming test kit..

Fairynuff

Visit site
after seeing the post re worms and knowing that here in Italy we are at least 20 light years away regarding horse health-can anyone recommend a reliable testing kit?.If so, what worms does it count and where can I get it.All info greatfully recd. M.
smile.gif

legend

Visit site
This may well be a very stupid question, but if i don't ask i won't know....why salt, what does it do?
confused.gif

Dougie

Visit site
oh you have to put salt and poo mix through sive to seperate and then you use the liquid(i think..may be the siolid)lol

legend, it seperates the eggs from the poo

legend

Visit site
Ah, I always assumed they just kinda smeared the poo over the slides, never realised they separated it first, thanks!
grin.gif

Gillb

www.westgatelabs.co.uk
There are various ways of doing a worm count, some more accurate than others.

The above is a very simplified version but without the use of a centrifuge I would not rely on the result.

It is also important to get the 'maths' correct or the result will be meaningless.

Anyone using our service can be assured of a correct method which gives a useful result, backed up by worming advice from an SQP
regards,
Gill

Fairynuff

Visit site
My vet Ali will but, first you have to get him here, then you have to bag up the poo and send it off with him.He then has to take it to Turin and then wait about a month for the results = paying a call out fee plus lab work = owners who would rather you stuck a wormer down beloved nags oesophagus and cut out the vet/lab bit. God, its soo bloody frustrating here. M.
frown.gif