Worming!

Nativelover

Visit site
So as many of you know my horse and I suffer at the hands of a mental YO.
Got told yesterday that I have a wormer to pay for. I asked if there had been any worm counts done - No, that happens after they come in for the winter ( it didn't)
So I asked what they are being wormed for!? - because they haven't been done for ages!

Now correct me if I'm wrong but, what's the point in worming now??
And what's the point in blanket worming? I don't even know which wormer it is, just that I have to pay up!

Another thing is, no muck post worming is separated or burned. Just goes on the muck heap that us then spread onto the fields!!

jewel

Visit site
did you not get a reply when you asked what they have been wormed for? Ive just wormed for red worms and bots. If there is worms in the muck from post worming they will be dead, however i personally wouldnt want the muck heap spread on the field if its just horse muck

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I am suffering similar. I want, like Westgate lab has specifically told me, to target encysted redworm plus tapes. Every other yard locally is doing his. We've been told to target roundworms and to worm as 'a preventative' despite clear wec. So, we should ask for antibiotics just in case we get an infection?! Bonkers.