Worried about my fell pony!!

Joolz13

New User
Visit site
Hiya

I have a 6 year old fell pony. He has been great but I am a bit worried as it seems as though his hips are jutting out a lot more just now?? Also his tail seems to be disappearing?!! :-0

He had a Shetland staying with him fora couple of months but he has gone now but it turns out the Shetland has lice!! I can't seem to see any signs of lice on my fell pony??

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Has he lost condition ? Is he kept alone and is it grass or stabled livery ? Lice is easy to sort but if he has plenty of supplementary forage and is looking poor, get the vet out to advise you. A few simple changes in diet and a check for lice may make a big difference. If he is kept alone, he may find this very stressful which could affect his well being. If his little companion was a tail biter, this might explain his loss of tail, but the factors mentioned above will affect his coat and hairy bits too.

putasocinit

Visit site
If the shettie had lice the fell will have lice so please treat for horses sake. Seek vets advice re weight loss or examine how much you are feeding and up the feed, is horse out 24/7 rugged or unrugged, clipped or unclipped, fed hay no hay.