worried about my horse

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Went to muck out Caff this morning and she wasn't waiting eagerly as normal. Was lying down and didn't really want to get up. Seems generally reluctant to move and wont eat - have left hay and some food in case she changes her mind. I also thought she might have been shivering, but she has lots of nice warm rugs on. Also has really runny poo. She has been wormed and is all up to date so am really concerned. Could it be a digestive trouble? She also looks really depressed. She seemed fine when I rode her last night. Have not changed anything management wise, but did work her quite hard last night. Am about to call vet...

pennyh

Visit site
is she hot under the rugs ? will she get up if you ask her to?

i'm very tempted to say this is a call the vet case

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
She is warm under the rugs, but is not sweating or anything. She did get up eventually, but like I say it was reluctant if that makes sense
frown.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
when in doubt - call the vet!! always better to be more paranoid than not worried one bit. IMO opinion anyway, but then i am a worrier!

probably nothing serious, and something that antibiotics will sort out but better to be safe than sorry

hope she starts to feel better soon xx

irishdraught

Visit site
it sounds as if you are worried enough to ask forum members so she is obviously acting out of character. call the vet and explain, it's better for them to advise.

Let us know how you get on x

trundle

Visit site
One more little voice here, saying call the vet if you are worried! Better to get a professional's opinion that there is nothing wrong than ignore something potentially serious. It may just be that she feels a bit stiff after a hard workout last night and then the cold overnight, but make that call, jsut to put your mind at rest.