Worst case scenario Buzz update

Fools Motto

Visit site
Another who is deeply saddened by this shocking news. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you all the best in this horrible journey. Poor Buzz, and poor you. I will keep fingers crossed that somehow things will turn for the better. Many hugs. x

Twiglet

Visit site
Quick update. Unfortunately he's gone downhill very quickly and is struggling to eat. This could be because the tumour has changed or the open wound left from biopsy/lumpectomy.

Have spoken at length to the surgeon at Cambridge Uni (the only place with an equine radiotherapy unit) who is keen to get him in there to see if it is possible to debulk (with surgery).
He'll then go to Rossdales or AHT in Newmarket for CT, and then back to Cambridge for any potential radiotherapy.

Feeling slightly more positive in that there is a tiny ray of hope - albeit any treatment is not going to cure anything, just give him/us more time.

Unfortunately my £5k insurance limit will probably only last until Wednesday's treatment :(

Will keep you all informed x

teacups

Visit site
Looked at your photos - he is gorgeous, and can see it is hard to imagine that he is so ill. It must be a very agressive tumour.
Is it worth putting him through Chemo, and the distress of trips to vet's/surgery etc? Hope I don't cause you upset by mentioning it, but it's so easy to get sucked into treating everything when in retrospect you may feel you wish you hadn't.

meesha

Visit site
Oh twiglet so sorry to hear he has gone downhill. Hopefully they can offer some treatment which will help but you may have to insist on a prognosis (is. How much longer it may give him) to weigh up not just the financial cost but as teacup has said the stress on both you and buzz.

Will be thinking of you both x

unbalanced

Visit site
Gosh so sorry, was really hoping for good news from you. My horse was at Rossdales for surgery a few years ago and they were amazing, if that helps. Stay strong xx

Twiglet

Visit site
No I know...the only way I'll put him through treatment is if there's a chance he'll have a decent quality of life afterwards. I think it really depends what the CT and oncologist say