Would a “gadget” help and if so what

Madzeq

New User
Visit site
I am walking a horse in hand every day. He is ideally supposed to keeping his head fairly low to help strengthen him up as he’s weak and wonky.
This is going well and he’s improved but does tend to giraffe at things.
So I’d like to encourage long and low without holding him in place.
I could long rein but he really needs someone at his head I feel on the roads and it’s too slippery round the fields just yet.
Any suggestions on something that may just encourage a better way of going whilst we are doing this. He lacks top line and his back imo looks weak.
He won’t be lunged in it, nor will anything be fitted to restrict him, he’s literally walking straight lines in hand.
Hi, yes I have ridden the 'giraffes' before- from personal experience, if the horse is very stubborn, they will fight the gadget and make themselves sore. As a person who's experimented in lots of gadgets the only one I would recommend is a pessoa (on a very loose setting) though I understand that it might be hard to use whilst standing by his head.
I hope this helps, best of luck!

Madzeq

New User
Visit site
Hi, yes I have ridden the 'giraffes' before- from personal experience, if the horse is very stubborn, they will fight the gadget and make themselves sore. As a person who's experimented in lots of gadgets the only one I would recommend is a pessoa (on a very loose setting) though I understand that it might be hard to use whilst standing by his head.
I hope this helps, best of luck!
Also just wanted to say that both bugees and training aid have hurt mine